Gpsmap 60cs

I have one of these cases on my GPSMap 60CS and it works (and looks) great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a protective case for their 60C(S).

The only hole in the back is for the belt clip/auxiliary connector mount button to pass through. However, you can easily use a paper hole punch (or scissors) to put other holes in the back if you need/want to.

The "sharkskin" material they are referring to is just a textured rubber.

As for the material it's made of, think of the rolls of rubbery, non-skid shelf liner you can buy. I've also seen some sleeping bags with a band of it around the middle to keep you from sliding around the tent floor so much.

Here's a little closer pix of mine from another thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=15&t=77602&st=

It also works OK keeping the GPSr from sliding around on the car dash.

I don't have any brackets to verify with, but no, I don't think it will work. It looks like the brackets snap onto the case of the 60c pretty snugly (maybe even in an indent on the bottom?), and this case completely covers them up. Like I said though, I don't have any brackets or mount to verify with.

I guess it would be possible to remedy that with a bit of velcro on the back of the case, though.

With the clear plastic covering the rocker pad, I wonder if if it makes it harder to use? ie....hit the up button and it you get the left arrow, etc...etc...

All of the buttons are easy to use through the case except for the large center 4-way button. But if you practice and press carefully it really is not a problem, but it is easy to push "up" an get "left" instead".