So Thats Why...

Spotted another "new" one today.

CAN'T ...... STOP ...... LOOKING .......

Aaarrrggghhhh

Me too!

How about reinstating the cache but changing it to Edward VII boxes - surely they are not collectors/thiefs fodder?

Yes yes . I know where there is one :):)

I still cant drive past a wall box without looking. Think I am affected for life :lol: :lol:

Edited by Deego

I set up that locationless after the GC.com one was withdrawn as I was dissatisfied with the (not) given "security" reason for archiving this locationless.

Having read the new explanation, I've "retired" the navicache locationless cache entry. I'd hate to discover that a Victorian mailbox listed here or there had been looted, so I think it best to simply withdraw the 'cache'.

Even now, many months after the original locationless cache was terminated, I still find myself looking at every letterbox to see if it is a Victorian one. My most recent discovery of one was just last night!

I wonder why the "security" guy did not say why he wanted the the cache entry to be terminated? His reason(s) at the time seemed daft in the absence of a reasonable explanation. Why didn't he simply state the reason why he wanted the cache to be stopped?

Cheers, The Forester

must be a royalist area.

That's England for you.

Here in Scotland, none of the postboxes have the EIIR logo. This is because she is Scotland's first Queen Elizabeth, not our second.

The other Queen Bess chopped our Queen Mary's head off and it still rancours here in Scotland.

That's Scotland for you!

I wonder why the "security" guy did not say why he wanted the the cache entry to be terminated? His reason(s) at the time seemed daft in the absence of a reasonable explanation. Why didn't he simply state the reason why he wanted the cache to be stopped?

Cheers, The Forester

They did give a reason , You dont seem to have read the topic on Victorias mailbox. another example of people of typing away without the facts :P

the reason was justified in the present situation the world is in. perhaps we should blame the americans and the labour gov. it's them that put us in this situation .

Nothing more to say on the subject it's gone and leave it at that

Nige