Possibly Abandoned Caches

gpsfun

Occasionally when a proposed cache page has an issue that needs to be resolved, the cache owner does not act or respond to our requests. As a result, we are left with the possibility that cache containers may still be in place and will not be hunted because the cache page remains unposted. Some refer to this as geo-litter.

One such cache is listed here, and it would be good to remove it if it is still where it was placed. As to the ownership and what to do with it if found, we suggest you proceed as if you encountered an unlisted cache while hiking. You may or may not find a way to contact the owner inside the cache, and if you do, they may or may not be responsive if you do try to contact them. If you would like my assistance in contacting the owner(s), please contact me with the GCxxxx number and I will provide you with a link to the owner's profile page.

It would also be nice to note your success or failure in finding it here so others will not repeat a search for a rescued cache.

~~~~~~~~

North Carolina - GCJQM9 - N 34° 50.374 W 080° 40.647 - This cache was not posted due to proximity issues and having a knife in the cache. The owner has not replied to our request to address these issues, and the cache page has been archived.