Gps 60cs And Waypoint Proximity...

Does anyone know if you can globally set waypoint proximity for all the waypoints loaded in a GPS 60?

I want to put a .5 mile proximity alarm on all geocaches so when I'm driving cross country I'll get an alarm if I'm passing a geocache.

Sort of a Geocach-on-Impulse approach rather than sitting down and planning to hit x number of geocaches along my route.

If I can't do it in the unit itself is there a utility that can globally set proximity on batches of waypoints?

It looks to me like you have to enter each wpt individually to the proximity alarm list. Then having to change the distance from the 1 mi default. Fully loaded with a thousand points seems like a lot of work.

What I do, to show only nearby wpts, is to set the map display to show only those that are within (in your example) .5 mi. of my current position.

The "set up map display" has a drop menu with over a dozen options ranging from a few feet to several miles as well as all or none.

While not an audible alarm, it will only display those in your selected range as you drive by. You would have to keep the map page on and keep an eye on it.

Works for me! Hope this helps