Error Occured

Frolickin

I have been trying to drop off some hitchhikers into one of my caches. Each time I tried to write a note on the page while selecting three hitchhikers from my inventory, the log failed to post because of the "Disk Full" error.

Then I tried to drop off just one hitchhiker with the log. That seemed to work. Now I cannot get back to the cache page. Each time I try to access the Bombs Away cache page, I receive the following:

An Error Has Occured

The process cannot access the file "e:\caches\xml\121602\121602.xml" because it is being used by another process.

On my cache page, I now see three notes posted to this cache. It seems like there are issues right now.

Welcome to the world of top notch servers! :rolleyes: Some processes I can do, other crash after submitting them. I've done my share of retyping today. I've learned with GC.com that anything I do I need to copy and save it elsewhere until I complete the task.

Maybe thiis is another reason I'm still having major delays in getting my PQ's?

Yup, I'm getting a Disk Full error when I try to drop off a travel bug or upload pictures.

There is not enough space on the disk.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: There is not enough space on the disk.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80070070): There is not enough space on the disk.

]

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]

System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) +0

System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) +473

System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) +58

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.]

System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) +113

System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1846

System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) +150

Groundspeak.Web.Messaging.MessageCenter.SendServerEmail(String ReceiverEmailAddress, String Subject, String body, MailFormat MailFormat, WptBase Waypoint) +574

Groundspeak.Web.Messaging.MessageCenter.NotifyUsers(WptLog& Log) +1168

Groundspeak.Web.GPX.WptLog.Create(Guid LogGUID, Int64 OwnerID, Int64 WptRefID, DateTime LogDate, Int64 LogTypeID, String Note, Boolean IsEncrypted, Boolean OwnerCannotDelete, Int64 ObjWptID, WptDataSources DataSource, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) +1314

Geocaching.UI.LogBookPanel.CreateNewLog(Boolean CheckConfirm) +1596

Geocaching.UI.LogBookPanel.LogButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +95

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1277

:rolleyes:

MC

Edited to add pictures to my list.

Edited by Midway Cafe
Here's the one I got.

An Error Has Occured

The process cannot access the file "e:\caches\xml\149062\149062.xml" because it is being used by another process.

Forums seem to be working fine; but aren't they on a different server?

Centex Trekker

Based on the fact that I get the exact same message, I assume you are trying to access "The Original Can of Beans" event cache Page. Did you get the message that Team 360 needed to move it back to the original 5 PM time?

Cache Well

This is driving me crazy too. I can't even drop a single bug. I have been trying all morning to drop a few bugs into today's event cache and every time I get an error. The thing that really sucks is that the log goes in, but the bugs don't. With 40 people on the event’s watchlist, I am sure they really appreciate all of the extra e-mails from my logs. RM

Based on the fact that I get the exact same message, I assume you are trying to access "The Original Can of Beans" event cache Page. Did you get the message that Team 360 needed to move it back to the original 5 PM time?

Yes I did, but what about GCJRE3, Austin Mac Geekfest? I got a whole page of errors on posting a note to it, but the post "took".

Can you post more about OCB on our Yahoo Forum?

Thanks.

Based on the fact that I get the exact same message, I assume you are trying to access "The Original Can of Beans" event cache Page.  Did you get the message that Team 360 needed to move it back to the original 5 PM time?

Yes I did, but what about GCJRE3, Austin Mac Geekfest? I got a whole page of errors on posting a note to it, but the post "took".

Can you post more about OCB on our Yahoo Forum?

Thanks.

I don't really know more about this than what was posted early this morning on the cache page. Had it on my watchlist just for this reason. I just tried to access the page and got through just fine. I am going to show up at the OCB event at 5 just to be sure.

What Yahoo group are you refering to? I only belong to one egroup and it's unrelated to Geocaching. You might want to check out the Texas GeoCaching Association. at Texas Geocaching

Cache Well

Correct - its a well known fact that Java, PHP and all the other development technologies that are not produced by microsoft never run out of disk space - its a purly Microsoft problem...go figure.

Umm...It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that once they started running .NET the server problems started. Every weekend there are errors and not always the disk space error. We can't blame those technologies because they aren't using them. If it makes you feel better we'll just blame PHP for the errors.

Edited by IMLost