Dr-cannot Upload Waypoints

cjbooks

I have been reading here for some time now and have learned a lot. I want to thank all that participate for the time spent helping the tech disadvantaged among us.

I just purchased Mapsend Directroute for my Meridian Gold. I had already upgraded the firmware to 5.12 so I left that as it was. I was able to select a region and upload it to my GPS. I also had no trouble importing waypoints from GSAK into the DR on my computer. However, when I try to upload the waypoints from DR to my GPS, I always get a Time out message. It tells me to check that NMEA is off (it is) but offers no other help. I tried all night and can't get past this.

Please, What am I not doing???

Edited by cjbooks
I have been reading here for some time now and have learned a lot. I want to thank all that participate for the time spent helping the tech disadvantaged among us.

I just purchased Mapsend Directroute for my Meridian Gold. I had already upgraded the firmware to 5.12 so I left that as it was. I was able to select a region and upload it to my GPS. I also had no trouble importing waypoints from GSAK into the DR on my computer. However, when I try to upload the waypoints from DR to my GPS, I always get a Time out message. It tells me to check that NMEA is off (it is) but offers no other help. I tried all night and can't get past this.

Please, What am I not doing???

Buy yourself an "internal" cd-rom along with a caddy and usb cable = use it with any system that has a usb port

OK, I have made some progress. I can upload my waypoints if I delete two of the waypoints. All the others upload to the GPS. If I try to include either of the two the upload fails with a timeout. The waypoints are all from the GC site. I have saved them to GSAK then exported them to DR. They all load into DR but the two will not export to the GPS. These are both caches by the same owner but I don't know why they would have a problem. I can probably add them manually.