Magellan Sportrak Windshield Mount

dna2k4

where is the cheapest place to buy one of these or does anyone know a cheaper way to just mount it on a windshield. i was thinking of buying a generic one and using velcro but if i could get the actual one cheap i would just do that.. anyone?

also looking for power cable for car too

There are a number of generic suction-cup mount cell-phone holders that are large enough to hold a SporTrak. You cna often find these in KMart, WallMart, DiscountCrapMart, etc for around $10.

The Magellan cradle has one advantage lacking in all of those cheaper alternatives though: It lets you use the power adapter that plugs into your lighter socket and/or the combined power/data cable. That's a big advantage, and worth the money in my opinion.

Amazon.com has a promotion where you can sign up for their Platinum Visa card and get a $30 certificate to use on your next purchase. They have the mount for $31.99 and the power only cord for $12.99 which is only $14.98 for both after the certificate is applied. Super-saver shipping is free too.

I got my mount free from Magellan when they repaired the cracks on my SporTrak Map and I used the Amazon promotion to get the power/data cable. This has got to be the least expensive way to get these items. Hope this helps.

BTW, get the OEM mount so you don't waste time screwing the power cord in and out.

I got the swivel mount on eBay and I love it. I use it in my boat and in the car. I am going to attach some velcro tot he bottom of the mount and put one on the dash board and in the boat so I only have to use one mount. I bought the cable with data and cigarette lighter in one and it snaps into the back of the mount so you can just pop it out of the mount and keep on running with the batteries.

mount.jpg

Edited by sjbur6

i saw they have them on amazon.com but they $30 off with visa card is you have to buy it with the visa card.. i got enough credit cards :o i think thats the route i am going to go but i wish i had an amazon.com coupon :lol:

anyone have a mapsend topo cd for sale? im looking for a good price on one of those too..

Edited by dna2k4

re the swivel mount - depending on your vehicle and it's cupholders some people get a piece of wood roughly the size of their cupholders and then screw the mount to this piece of wood. easily put in place when desired, easily removed when required.