Today I found a cache with money

Wetrackride

It's a good chance that you found "Where's George" dollars. They are trackable by serial number on the www.wheresgeorge.com website. It's kinda like tracking a travel bug, but without the official bug. The jist of the dollars is this: you pick one up at a cache, and drop it off at another one. You log where you found it and where you left it. This allows the person who started that dollar and everyone who it passes through to track it's progress traveling from cache to cache.

Predicting is difficult, especially when predicting the future.

Well, I've found wheresgeorges before, but don't consider them travel bugs. I don't move them from cache to cache. Somtimes I leave one in a cache, and I hope whoever takes it logs it, then spends it. That's what I do if I take one from a cache.

Nothing to see here, move along.

A buck for for quarters works. Normal trade items are fine for money.

Wheresgeorge dollars can be moved to another cache or they can be spent. The point is to track the natural life of a buck. A lot end up in a cache when you don't have anything else to trade.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

I sometimes trade money, but usually it is more like collector value coins. The last micro I found I traded a Sacegewea (SP?) Dollar for a canadian penny. I often leave state quarters--especially those I picked up with "P" mintmark since out West here you normally only find "D".

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

quote:
Sometimes I have my son fold me one of these.

I've even thought of using them as a signature item.

That's way cool Og; and thanks for the link Vacman, I'll have to waste some time there too.

I often leave Saca $1 coins behind, especially for short hike caches when I leave my pack in the car. I treat WG $1 as a regular trade item.

For a cache story with big bucks click on this cache link to see how I celebrated my 100th find back in April. icon_wink.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

You say you found a cache with money in it....

What kind of money are we talking about? Was it just a couple of $1 bills with "Wheres George" written on them, or did you find more than that?

If it was the latter of the two, feel free to post the coordinates so the rest of us can go get it!

Kar

quote:
as quoted by wetrackride:

I looked at the website but didn't see where to order the special dollars.

LOL! You do not order them! You just take your own dollar bills, register the serial numbers on the site and either write or stamp WHERES GEORGE somewhere on the dollar along with the web address www.wheresgeorge.com Then spend it as usual or trade it when you go geocaching. The next person who logs the $ on the website updates the information. Each person that logs the dollar can see how far it has traveled. Get it?

This site has been around for a number of years. They used to sell "Wheres George" stamps and inkpads, but since it encourages defacing currency, they no longer sell them. You can get one made or make your own if you really want one. Hope you have a better understanding icon_smile.gif

Kar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_W6DPS:

I sometimes trade money, but usually it is more like collector value coins. The last micro I found I traded a Sacegewea (SP?) Dollar for a canadian penny. I often leave state quarters--especially those I picked up with "P" mintmark since out West here you normally only find "D".

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

I wish someone would leave that $1.6 million nickel in a local cache that was just purchased at auction. icon_biggrin.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

I leave "George $" in caches. I don't expect that they should or would be moved to another cache unless the finder wants to. I'm not trying to undermine the Travel Bug theme, as a George $ is free to move outside the geocache world. Many of my George $'s have moved from cache to cache without being logged at the George site.

When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!