Creative Cachers

SandLizard

I like johny vegas personally, wornout and i have gone out and had a fun time trying to find his caches, i think johny vegas is the most creative cacher.

He has a good personality and his caches are clever and most are downright cool.

:lol::mad::mad::P:PB)B)B)

Go vegas Go!

Edited by SandLizard

In the Dallas area:

* Prime Suspect

* dippitydogdan

* Akulakat

* Sandbassking

* BCR

* thepadre

* DapperDan

Mudbug's were great but she has drifted away from geocaching and most of her hides are now archived. :mad:

(I excluded Fort Worst, oops, I mean Fort Worth from this list since I've rarely cached in the Worst-o-Plex ~ hehehe :P )

I don't generally do the puzzle caches, or the ones you would normally label "creative," but I was with the original group the night of Bjorn74's birthday party to troubleshoot Bjorn's Tour of Grandview, which was finally listed this week. He worked hard on this one, and we all had a great time. This would probably be the most creative for me.

In the Mid-South, I'd say Bitbrain, with honorable mention to Arkansas Bugman and Whirlwind PPC. A couple of others here are really good too, you know how lists are, someone is always left out. I've cached in 7 states, but mostly near Memphis and around the Seattle area. Best I've found so far would be Criminal.

I really like this thread - very interesting - and a great subject -

BUT! -- here is the ultimate question - just what IS it that makes these the most creative caches - great that you mention them, but just WHY are they so creative?

I'm looking for some good ideas for my own caches - and I'm trying to be more creative than just sitcking a tennis ball can under some leaves under or in a tree.

----------------- :lol::o

Edited by CompuCash
In the Dallas area:

* Prime Suspect

* dippitydogdan

* Akulakat

* Sandbassking

* BCR

* thepadre

* DapperDan

Mudbug's were great but she has drifted away from geocaching and most of her hides are now archived.  :lol:

(I excluded Fort Worst, oops, I mean Fort Worth from this list since I've rarely cached in the Worst-o-Plex ~ hehehe  :o )

And add 9Key to that list, Many reasons, but the container used in this cache alone would be reason enough.

Edited by Prime Suspect
In the Dallas area:

* Prime Suspect

And add 9Key to that list, Many reasons, but the container used in this cache alone would be reason enough.

Don't ya just love a mutual admiration society? :lol:

In the Raleigh NC area there are several who have gone 'over to the dark side' and are creating caches that challenge you mentally as much as physically.

No mere ammo can down the trail for these hiders. :o:lol:

*WE4NCS- his latest hide is a 5/1 3DNF's so far with a total of 2600+ finds between us :lol:

*nctreker-pick one , any one

*nittany dave- swift creek revenge stage one is totally unique

*jackcachenc-I'd love to spy on his workshop

In the Chicago area we have Genius Loci, who comes up with the most creative caches that I've seen. He puts so much time and thought into his hides. The other (IMHO) is a fairly new cacher(s), Joeseppi, that has provided us with some really neat hides right out of the box.

I have only read a small percentage of cache pages considering how many are out there. And while we have many clever hiders in this area, there's one cache that stands out most for me as far as creativity. That award goes to Snoogans for the Quantum Leap cache It takes a mighty sick mind to think that up, and spend a year setting it up. Snoogans, I'm one of your watchers on that cache.

Most puzzle caches are very well done. There are quite a few around me, that I know I have not a hope in hell of solving, without going directly to the cache owner.

My favorite caches are the ones that are concealed so well, that when you finally find them, and are so impressed, that they should become virtuals themselves :lol: (the WOW factor).

Unlike banging a nail in with your forehead, these caches do not leave you feeling any better when you stop (looking for them)....

Sn :(:D gans For SETX.

ParkerPlus for "End of my rope", Lill' stinker", "Bump in the Road", and many more.... cannot give any info because it would be a spoiler ;)

Well, I hate to disagree with a friend but that honor goes to Geowyz and Geek-Qualizer.

Followed closely by: SigJ (now Team J), MedTexPlacer, Dreamcachers, Bosun, Love2Fly, Captain J and many others.

SNOOGAV.jpg

It takes a mighty sick mind to think that up, and spend a year setting it up. Snoogans, I'm one of your watchers on that cache.

Hmmmmm, been reading my profile huh?

THANKS. I take that as an extreme compliment. I take pride in my cultivated weirdness.

I cracked up at the first log, by Thumpmeister, on that cache. She knows me too well.

SNOOG7.jpg

In southern Wisconsin we have many creative types. badlatitude is known for inventing and constructing physical puzzles made from wood and other materials with secret drawers or electronic buttons and lights. Very entertaining. Cheesehead Dave, Artopsy, Cache Cows, RPaske, Jthorson, are also on the list of very creative cache creators.