If You Had $1000 For A Pocket Pc

Kfam

I use my Palm Tungsten T2 PDA in the office and for business travel, and then I take it out into the bush using an Otterbox. This makes it totally waterproof, crush resistant, and still usable in the case.

I can't see using something like that in a business meeting.

www.otterbox.com

I'm thinkin' that cachers are NOT going to be a strong market for this. You should probably hang out with land surveyers, site work construction (land-clearing operations, road-laying, sewer/drainage line laying), and maybe cartographers.

At $1,000 a pop, I'd rather put my hard-earned bucks into a Garmin 2610.

...Just my 2¢

Looks like something that some of the more extreme teams up here may be interested in - at Team Phoenix we're always looking around at gear that's more rugged than your standard spec, for some of the X-Treme GPS Team contests which can take us out to some rather harsh climates and conditions for days, even weeks at a time. We're always interested in gear that can take more abuse and handle the rigors of long days in the extreme cold and wet, or hot and dry conditions according to where out contests take us.

What happens if the screen gets hit? I guess it would break.

It looks like the device doesn't have integrated Bluetooth. That's bad. How are you going to connect a GPS to this device? If you use CF, the GPS will be unprotected and you can forget about ruggedness and waterproofness.