Geostl.com - Looking For Web And Content Help

konopapw

I keep trying to retire, but always get sucked back in. This time, I don't have the will to continue. It has been years of "darned if you do and darned if you don't".

We are looking for geocachers (preferrably SLAGA members) to help maintain the technical parts of http://www.geostl.com. We also need people to provide content. This is strictly a volunteer effort.

For the past few years, I've been doing most of the work to maintain the site and provide content (RGS playing a key role to relieve some of the pressure). I learned a lot about web development, but it's time for me to move on.

Only 2 of our 266 SLAGA 'members' have shown any interest in turning over responsibility. And I know neither want to have to put in as much time as I have over the years. So, if the work can be coordinated and spread out, geostl.com can still remain a viable site.

I have promised to consult throughout the transition. I've also promised to continue to maintain the dynamic content of the site (Perl script and mySQL) until someone brave enough comes along to rewrite it all in PHP! (it would be one heck of a learning experience ...)

Anyway, I'm just trying to get the word out to increase the chances that geostl.com doesn't die a slow death. Email webmaster @ geostl.com if you want to be part of SLAGA's technical future.

Paul Konopacki (aka konopapw)