Garmin Etrex Vista C Display

Hello Everyone ;)

First, sorry for my double post below. Tried to find a delete option to get rid of one of the posts but was unable to find a way to do it. Hopefully, the forum moderator will do it for me.

I have just about decided to purchase a Garmin eTrex Vista C and with research I have answered just about all the questions I have except one.

That question being how bright is the display in bright daylight/sun? In one review of the Garmin 60C the term "transreflective" screen was mentioned saying that type of display is the best.

Does the Vista C use that type display and my other question is simply is the display of the Vista C bright enough for effective use when geocaching in the bright sun?

TIA ;)

That question being how bright is the display in bright daylight/sun? In one review of the Garmin 60C the term "transreflective" screen was mentioned saying that type of display is the best.

The display on the Vista C looks excellent in bright daylight/sun. It is bright enough that you never have to turn on the backlight in order to see it in the daylight.

Does the Vista C use that type display and my other question is simply is the display of the Vista C bright enough for effective use when geocaching in the bright sun?

The screens on the 60/76C(S) and the Legend C/Vista C are nearly identical (i.e. they are both TFT displays with the Legend C/Vista C being a touch shorter but wider than that of the 60/76C(S) - and with a bit higher resolution as well). I have both a 60CS and a Vista C (and a Legend C too) and the screens look identical allthough the backlight is quite a bit brighter on my Legend C and Vista C over my 60CS.

Both the 60C(S) and the Legend C/Vista C are excellent choices for geocaching in my opinion.

Hi ;)

Many thanks for your response as you answered my question perfectly. Just what I needed to know. I have been reading up on the 60CS and the newer Vista C and have just about decided on the eTrex Vista C due to its size and price.

No one here in the San Francisco Bay Area (not even the reportedly largest Garmin dealer) carries it so guess I will have to order it on line. Plan to get it through the geocaching.com link so as to help them out. (Unless someone has a better suggestion).

I love my basic $99 etrex but would like the added features of the 'C'. Plus it will provide my wife with a GPS as she is getting very interested in the hobby too now that we have been 'into' it for about a month now.

This forum is fantastic and as a newbie I want to thank you all who have responded to my questions. You folks are great! ;)