Having Fun

Guest sivad

Guest sivad

Today was my frist day of geocaching. And I love it. I just bout my etrex venture three days ago. I got it to use for backpacking. My wife thought I was wasting my money. Till she when out with me. Now she doesn't think that. icon_smile.gif I am happy to find out there are other things to do with a gps. So happy hunting to all.

Guest gstrong1

bout.I started back in March after reading an article in the local paper here in Rochester,NY. Been totally hooked ever since.Have purchased 3 GPS units,loads of accessories & 4 sets of mapping software for my PC.Every penney has been well spent!The people you'll meet,both on cache hunts & in these forums, are great people that will be eager to answer any questions you might have.By way of cache adventures, you'll also see a lot of great places that you may have driven by a hundred times & never really knew they existed.You'll also be helping the environment with our "cache in-trash out policy", which I know most of us follow.Great to have you part of the group. --Gimpy--. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

Guest McIrish

You are so right Gimpy.... I only started about 2 weeks ago and have already enjoyed 9 finds and we placed our first cache a few days ago with two more to come this weekend. I discovered geocaching after an article in our local paper....best treasure I found yet!!!! Thanks to all who have been so helpful while I learn.

McIrish Clan

Guest tecmage

Welcome to Geocaching!

Tracy and myself started in March, and are meeting with a reporter and a fellow geocacher today to do a story about our activity.

I can say that you will "discover" some very nice areas that you had no idea existed. icon_biggrin.gif

Richard and Tracy

Guest sivad

Thanks for the welcome everyone. We have been doing the for only two days. And I will say that we are hooked. You are also right about not know what you are missing. We have found places that we have driven by so many times and never knew they were there or how nice they were. Today we placed our first cache. icon_biggrin.gif So I hope it will ok with everyone on the way we hid it. Now my wife is hooked on it. icon_smile.gif She said she spent over an hour on the web site. So good hunting to all. sivad