Fyi Check Your New Messages

CO Admin

If it says any number other than 0 you have new messages.

I'd have thought that was a bit obvious! B)

MarcB :o

only if you think to look at it. I have several sent messages in my queue that have been there for more than 30 days becasue some people dont think to look at the link. Was just a friendly reminder.

Whenever I check my new messages it's always something about my warning level being increased again. *sigh*. That's quite depressing so I've placed some duct tape on the upper right side of my monitor so that I can resist the temptation to read any new ones.

I never checked it, but because of this thread I did check and there was a message there.

It was a *Thank you* from a fellow cacher that I tried to help with *Wheres in a Name*.

Another local cacher beat me to the location, but it was just as neat to get the thanks for just trying to help.

I wouldn't have that good feeling if I hadn't read this.

OK, Now do I get my extra Signal points????

D.

Ok I checked it, no messages. Dont I feel unloved. (pouts) Especially since I PM'd someone with a message that should have gotten some sort of response. I suspect (after a couple of weeks) that I wont receive an answer............

I think I will go crawl away quietly now.

(Just in case people dont realize it, the unloved part and crawling away is a joke. The not recieving a reply to a PM I sent to someone is not a joke.)

I've been reading the forums since I joined in May but I never even noticed the little PM icon at the bottom of individual posts. The mini profile is kinda cool, didn't see that before either. Just when I think I'm getting somewhere in forum know-how, I take a dip back into the "silly newbie" realm.

Nice feature but I don't forsee making much use of it. What would I want to say to someone that I wouldn't just place in the forum?

This was Toooooooo COOL, Thanks I never knew that Co Admin, had four Messages from JeepCachr , CO Admin, Sparky-Watts, and Mopar dating back to Dec 2003 two were nice ones, one was giving me a warning and the other I will have to see why I pissed him off…………… JOE

only if you think to look at it. I have several sent messages in my queue that have been there for more than 30 days becasue some people dont think to look at the link. Was just a friendly reminder.

Perhaps a red blinking link when you have mail would get people's attention.

Just a thought for TPTB.

1) When you get a new message and pop-ups are allowed, a window pops up for the PM. At least it used to do this...

2) It now seems that the cursor changes to an arrow with a yellow explosion and numeral (or exclamation point?) in it to tell you there is a new item.

3) These may not work when the PM is sent while you are offline and then log in afterwards... dunno.

So, there are methods, aside from peeking at the corner of the page everytime you log in. Which is the simplest solution.

<snip>

2) It now seems that the cursor changes to an arrow with a yellow explosion and numeral (or exclamation point?) in it to tell you there is a new item.

<snip>

the cursor changes to an arrow with a yellow explosion and numeral (or exclamation point?) in it is a feature of your popup blocker. From the description Im betting you use google tool bar with its popup blocker.

I've been reading the forums since I joined in May but I never even noticed the little PM icon at the bottom of individual posts. The mini profile is kinda cool, didn't see that before either. Just when I think I'm getting somewhere in forum know-how, I take a dip back into the "silly newbie" realm.

Nice feature but I don't forsee making much use of it. What would I want to say to someone that I wouldn't just place in the forum?

Imagine how many posts some of us might have if we didn't have the PM feature! :mad::mad::P:P:lol:

I've been reading the forums since I joined in May but I never even noticed the little PM icon at the bottom of individual posts.  The mini profile is kinda cool, didn't see that before either.  Just when I think I'm getting somewhere in forum know-how, I take a dip back into the "silly newbie" realm.

Nice feature but I don't forsee making much use of it.  What would I want to say to someone that I wouldn't just place in the forum?

Imagine how many posts some of us might have if we didn't have the PM feature! B):mad::mad::P:P

Imagine how high your warn meter would be if you posted those pics instead of PMing them :lol:

<snip>

2)  It now seems that the cursor changes to an arrow with a yellow explosion and numeral (or exclamation point?) in it to tell you there is a new item.

<snip>

the cursor changes to an arrow with a yellow explosion and numeral (or exclamation point?) in it is a feature of your popup blocker. From the description Im betting you use google tool bar with its popup blocker.

!

I hate when people install stuff on *MY* computer. Silly 1st & 2nd shifters... They will pay. So will the weekend shifters. ARggghhh.

Thanks CO Admin, you got it exactly right... google "tool"-bar.

Sorry for the disinformation, folks.

Mine has always said 0 but because of this I clicked anyway and there was a really sweet message from someone about a posible flame that I didn't take seriously and I never say it even if it was from May. Wow. So 0 doesn't mean anything and now I will have to start checking to get these sweet messages. Thanks for telling me.