Grand Canyon Cache

CT A-Team

:rolleyes: While on a recent visit to the Grand Canyon I found a number of caches along the South Rime that proved to be an excellent tour guide. I saw a need for one on the eastern end of the rim (none there) and created the virtual GCK6BK. However, the CO_admin, in all his questionable wisdom, feels he cannot approve it as the stone structure with the sign, or the Grand Canyon itself might move and I cannot check on it daly from CT. Where do they get these people?

If a local cacher to the area would like to adopt this one I will gladly turn it over along with the answers to the verification questions.

Walt

There actually is quite a bit of maintenance involved in virtuals. A lot of times, a plaque is destroyed, or maybe the general area that the virtual is in is closed off. Often times the cache owner who is not local, would have no clue what was happening.

The two main problems, (that were probably told you by CO) is that it's a vacation cache, and that it doesn't have much wow factor.

As far as I'm concerned, unless the place you're coordinates are is a really spectactular view, or a place that very few people go or even know about, than it doesn't quite have the "wow factor" which is used in reviewing virtuals....

:rolleyes: While on a recent visit to the Grand Canyon I found a number of caches along the South Rime that proved to be an excellent tour guide. I saw a need for one on the eastern end of the rim (none there) and created the virtual GCK6BK.

<snipped admin bashing statements>

If a local cacher to the area would like to adopt this one I will gladly turn it over along with the answers to the verification questions.

Walt

Is a virtual really worth this much trouble?

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

I am truly surprised at the negative responces I have received on this topic. Apparently western cachers think a lot differenlty than we do here in the east. First of all, I did communicate with with CO_admin's superior and she told me that the only real issue on vacaction cache is that they must be removeable is requested by the land owner. Obviously, the frist geocacher who came upon the site and was not able to find it, would be reason enough to archive it. As far as Wow factor, you've got to be kidding me. Try standing on that spot and tell me it doesn't have wow factor.

Let's please get some positive feedback on this. If you want to take over the cache, let me know. It is deffinately worth keeping as are all the other virtuals on the south rim.

First of all, I did communicate with with CO_admin's superior and she told me that the only real issue on vacaction cache is that they must be removeable is requested by the land owner.

I am sorry but I do not recall this email or me making that statement. The only emails I can find attached to your account are about an old log in issue. Would you mind forwarding the correspondence to approvers@Groundspeak.com and I would be more than happy to look into things.

Thank you CO_admin for your specific responce without emotional context. I do appreciate it. OK, I used the wrong term. (adopt) Since the only reason stated for not approving it was that I was not in a position to check on it, I would asume that another local cacher could take the information and list it as his own cache. I will certainly share any info on the site as I really do think it is worth it.

Again, I ask if anyone would like to create this cache? I will clarify its location with CO_admin as he has a few questions about it.