Cache Spotting / Reminiscing

Leoness

For my birthday yesterday, I received some lovely hard back "coffee table" books as a reminder of the beautiful Yorkshire countryside we are about to leave behind when we move south in a couple of weeks' time. :ph34r:

They all contain excellent photographs of the Yorkshire landscape, from the Moors to the Dales, and include some fantastic aerial photography.

Whilst browsing through them this morning, I found myself shouting out... "there's a cache there!" and "I've been to a cache there!" and "I walked up there to find a cache!" :lol:

It's amazing how many caches I can find in the photographs, which just goes to show that geocaching has taken me to some of the most beautiful parts of a very picturesque county.

I love this sport/hobby! :lol:

It is great, we enjoyed a fantastic day out yesterday getting boots (to go caching in) and finishing off a mystery cache. We ended up navigating home pointing out caches we had been to what we found and some caches we are yet to do certainly kept the kids quiet while they tried to beat us to remembering caches, getting some great memories, photos and finding so many new local places i could go on and on and on certainly beats any other hobby.

Is it a hobby......?

I thought a hobby is something you do in your spare time......

My geocaching is something I do in my normal time, and fit work around it !

Hobby or no hobby, sport or no sport (do you think it will become an Olympic sport !)

At least it has side effects ..... weight loss. (Yorkshire anyway... I can not comment about flatter parts of the country !)

Eh Up lass, bet you miss us up ere.

I know it has been said before, but I really have been to so many wonderful places which I wouldn't have gone to or even known about had it not been for Geocaching.

It is like having hundreds of travel guides up and down the country using their local knowledge to take you to special places they know.

When I discovered Geocaching and started looking for some I wondered how long it would last (with me). Well that was June 2003 and I'm still going!

This hobby is great because every time you go out caching, it is a different experience.

Hang on a minute, I sense I'm preaching to the converted! :rolleyes::rolleyes::):):)

<<as a reminder of the beautiful Yorkshire countryside we are about to leave behind when we move south in a couple of weeks' time. >>

It's a wholly different world down here - palm trees, beautiful beaches, ocean breeze, blue skies, tropical heat....... are among the things we've never heard of.

We just got back from tramping our way through so much cowpat you wouldn't believe it - took me 20 mins to clean our boots... all for a pigging cache!

Seriously, if you're ever in sunny Berkshire do think about contacting us..

Maybe I should add, that I'm really a southerner as I was born in Hertfordshire but since I have been living in N Yorks I have fallen in love with the Dales and would love to live up here permanently. In fact, every time we pass a "For Sale" sign we consider whether it would be somewhere we would like to retire to!

From a caching point of view, I am looking forward to exploring a new area as I have exhausted N Yorks! My in-laws live in Berkshire so I'm sure I'll be caching over there very soon. I have already been to "Storming the Beeches" (is that in Bucks?) and "Hunger for this too" and have my eye on an area around Reading for a day's caching.

I'll probably try to clear Wiltshire of caches first. Not literally(!) and then head east. Such a pity the nights are drawing in though. Maybe I should take some advice from Pyoung1 with regard to halogen lights and night-vision goggles!!! :rolleyes:

Ok Leoness... well good luck with the caches down here. Lot of easy ones and a few that aren't... then of course there's the dreaded GCF567, which makes grown men weep..

Interested in your other pastimes.. we used to shoot at Bisley until a few years ago when arthritis beat us! Ruth's a needlework type too - lacemaking and patchwork.

May see you around these parts..