Marking Tb's As Missing

ZackJones

Greetings,

vent mode: on

Is there someone we could contact, other than the cache owner, to have a TB removed from a cache page? There's at least a cache or two near me that have TB's listed on the cache page and I know for certain that the TB is not in the cache. I've gone there to retrieve the TB and it's gone. I've emailed the cache owner asking him to report the bug as missing but he hasn't done it.

I know it may seem silly to some of you, but moving TB's is part of the game that I enjoy quite a bit and it bugs me when there's a bug listed on the page and it's not in the cache :ph34r:

vent mode: off

Zack

Greetings,

Is there someone we could contact, other than the cache owner, to have a TB removed from a cache page? There's at least a cache or two near me that have TB's listed on the cache page and I know for certain that the TB is not in the cache. I've gone there to retrieve the TB and it's gone. I've emailed the cache owner asking him to report the bug as missing but he hasn't done it.

I know it may seem silly to some of you, but moving TB's is part of the game that I enjoy quite a bit and it bugs me when there's a bug listed on the page and it's not in the cache :rolleyes:

Zack

Also understand that not everyone knows about the "Missing" feature. I didn't until last week and had a TB listed in my cache for a year with no way to remove it.

I know you said you emailed the owner and told them - which should mean that now they know, but I'm sure a lot of cache owners don't know about this feature yet.

E

Greetings,

I know it may seem silly to some of you, but moving TB's is part of the game that I enjoy quite a bit and it bugs me when there's a bug listed on the page and it's not in the cache :o

Zack

Also understand that not everyone knows about the "Missing" feature. I didn't until last week and had a TB listed in my cache for a year with no way to remove it.

I know you said you emailed the owner and told them - which should mean that now they know, but I'm sure a lot of cache owners don't know about this feature yet.

E

Could gc.com do a mass email to all cache owners with the information about this new feature?

Could gc.com do a mass email to all cache owners with the information about this new feature?

Better question, Will they?

And do they want to deal with the slew of complaints they are being spammed?

They are cache owners. I don't think ANYONE in their right mind would consider an email about this spam.

Just like the other person said earlier...that it is not a well known feature. I have not seen it posted anywhere except in the forums.

Just my .02 worth.

Interesting suggestion. If I limit the email to cache owners only and just the folks who opt-in for the weekly cache notification emailer, we should be ok.

Yes, if a travel bug is no longer in your cache but is still listed on teh cache page, you can visit the travel bug's page and send it to an unknown location.