New User Of Gpxsonar: Cache Info Not Showing Up?

My sister gave me her old iPAQ 3630 and I want to run GPXSonar. I have it installed, but it is only displaying some of the gpx file information.

Here is what it is displaying:

Type: ? for all caches

Waypoint: blank

TB: shows TB's

Note: blank

Found: blank

name: "geocache" for every file (this is the same name as the folder in my iPAQ)

Difficulty: displayed correctly

Terrain: displayed correctly

Distance: displayed correctly

Bearing: displayed correctly

Owner: blank

Last Found: displayed correctly

When I click on a geocache, and it is showin in Internet Explorer, all of the cache information is blank except it does show the difficulty and terrain stars. Everything else is gone. No descriptions, no cache codes, no coordinates, basically NOTHING!

I really really really want to be able to use this program, but I haven't a clue where to look for info. Can't even find a user guide that addresses much of anything.

The gpx files that I have loaded come from pocket queries and display everything correctly when I look at them on my computer using GSAK. . . .

What am I doing wrong here? I know it must not be too hard, but it's got me stumped.

Is there something I need to do to the pocket Query gpx files other than put them in a folder to be transferred to my Ipaq?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by YuccaPatrol

I am attempting to load the exact same .gpx files that appear correctly when I open them with GSAK. All data fields appear in GSAK as well as the html cache page, but disappear when loaded into GPX Sonar.

These are definitely NOT .loc files that I am trying to view on my Ipaq. . .

Any other ideas?

This is interesting. Your iPAQ 3630 runs PPC 2002 I suppose?

I'd like to take a look at your config and your GPX file.

Can you please zip up your gpxsonar.dat file along with the GPX file that's giving you trouble and email it to me at fabien_royer at hotmail dot com

Thanks,

Regards,

-Fabien.

Look like this old iPaq 3630 is running Windows CE Version 3.0.9348. I am assuming that this is an earlier operating system than PPC 2002 since it is copyright 1996-1999.

Best guess now is that I need to upgrade the OS or I need to junk this and get a different pda (which I really can't afford since I just spent my $$$ on a new Garmin 60CS. . . .

I am so excited to go paperless if I can get this working as it should. . . .

Thanks for the help!

Sent you an email with more details. . .