Is It Wrong.....

crosschk

I want to release a bug into the world with a mission of going to every hockey areana in the NHL. Maybe have a beer and hotdog (little ones <_< ) Is this too much to ask? Should I stick with more cache realated activities? As you can see, I am very much a newbie to Geocaching, so any help would be appreciated.

It's a fine idea, but don't be disappointed if your bug goes to a bunch of caches that have nothing to do with hockey. Not every area has a hockey arena. But then again, Jamaica had a bobsled team so maybe there are hockey rinks in the Florida Keys or Hawaii, or Fiji. :ph34r:

Thanx everyone. When would be a good time to release? Or does that really matter?

:rolleyes:

How about NOW!! RIGHT NOW!!!! I'M COMING TO GET IT, I SWEAR! GO CACHING!! GET OFF YOUR...uh...

ahem...sorry.

:rolleyes: Seriously, be prepared for it to sit in some caches for extended periods, so unless you plan to tip someone local off, it may be October before it moves anyway. And open it up to all hockey, if you limit it to NHL, well, IMO that ain't happening, not this year at least. You may get a few pictures of the OUTSIDE of NHL arenas, but no money shots!

:rolleyes:

I was thinking of putting up a Bug Hotel and starting it off with this one as well as a few others I have. ( I have not made plans for the others yet) I'm still scoping out a place by a major Hwy. This will be right in the middle of Long Island, so it should be a good place. I still have to see if there is another one near by so I dont double the effort.

I most likely will open it up to all Hockey games, I may bring it to one of my Dek Hockey games before I release it :rolleyes:

Gordie Hanson

One of my bugs is doing almost exactly the same thing. I think its a great idea. Send it out ASAP. It can start its travels now and be ready for the minors soon (and NHL come January when they actually start the season).

Cool thing about mine, I was opn my way caching when the idea hit me to find a bubble hockey player for a bug, and found that guy on my second cache of the day.

-b