Mt. Ellinor

Bull Moose

I need to correct a no find I had last November due to snow and am thinking about seeing if Criminal's Mt. Ellinor Cache survived the winter.

I'm gauging interest to see if anyone wants to come along.

However, rather than making it an all-day thing I want to get up and down before 1. This means leaving from the upper trailhead early. Thinking of FOT (foot-on-trail) time of 8AM.

It's only 1.6 miles, but, with a 2444 foot elevation gain, is rather intense.

If Chewie is way the hell in front of me, I am, quite possibly in on this one.

I'll keep him with me this time - on a leash if need be.

I'm afraid he's learned some bad manners because I let him roughhouse with me. He hasn't figured out that not everyone weighs 200 pounds more than him. <_<

I woke up X-TREMEly sore today. I'll really have to talk myself into a hike on Saturday.

You could always do Mt. Townsend instead. Granted it's longer, but not as steep, and the footing is great.

And the cache hasn't been found yet.

Not approved yet, either, but it's sure as shooting sitting there. <_<

Cool! I was going to put a cache up there earlier this spring but had to turn back. I was going to try again, but now I don't have to.

(Next candidate: Mt. Jupiter)

Uh, oh! Jupiter was on my list too, but not until the end of the summer. It'd kill me now. Race you? Or, go with you? :huh:

Edited by bumblingbs
Uh, oh! Jupiter was on my list too, but not until the end of the summer. It'd kill me now. Race you? Or, go with you? :huh:

No need to race. If you get there first, I'll be happy to get a find, if I get there first, I'll be happy to get a hide. <_<

I don't think there's any shortage of trails to put a hide in the Olympics.

Cool! I was going to put a cache up there earlier this spring but had to turn back. I was going to try again, but now I don't have to.

Same intent, same sentiment :huh:

I'd be interested depending on the day. I'm going to try Marmot Pass tomorrow so I better see how that goes before commiting myself.

Ooohh... Marmot Pass.

Wish I could go along on that. That is still probably my favorite hike I've done in Washington.

Marmot is much tougher than Ellinor.

Just let me know so I can pass it on to IronMan114. He just couldn't stand staring at that mountain knowing that there was a cache up there when he was working on Cushman Dam.

Even when I don't see him only on the weekends I still let him go and do something he really is looking forward too.

Thanx

Can someone Please find out I have a hubby who is just dying to know if Mt. Ellinor is a go for Saturday? 

There's nothing like being married to a impatient Ironworker (aka Ironman114)

I, for one, would like to know what the hell you did with Ironmen 1 through 113. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Oh, Lord, that made me laugh! :)

Can someone Please find out I have a hubby who is just dying to know if Mt. Ellinor is a go for Saturday? 

There's nothing like being married to a impatient Ironworker (aka Ironman114)

I, for one, would like to know what the hell you did with Ironmen 1 through 113. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Oh, Lord, that made me laugh! :)

Simple I off'd them and hid them in the SHRUBBERY. :)

OK.

I'm doing Mt. Ellinor on Saturday AM for sure. I'm leaving from the upper trailhead at 8 AM.

I'm slow, so if anyone comes later they can catch up with me. I'll be on FRS 2.

I'm not sure if I can do Townsend on Sunday, but if others are going that day I'll try to make it there, too.

These old bones (and muscles) are not in the kind of shape needed for 3000 feet in three miles called for at Mt. Townsend. I do intend to do Rocky Brook Falls and Donkeypond Falls on Sunday. I will have my FRS and hope to meet up with you folks on your way out. I have had those two on my list for awhile and had plans to do them this weekend anyhow. I had planned on Saturday, but have shifted to Sunday. I will be in Tahuya State Forest on Saturday doing some 4grays caches that I somehow missed.

I will keep my ears open for the group.

OK.

I'm doing Mt. Ellinor on Saturday AM for sure. I'm leaving from the upper trailhead at 8 AM.

I'm slow, so if anyone comes later they can catch up with me. I'll be on FRS 2.

I'm not sure if I can do Townsend on Sunday, but if others are going that day I'll try to make it there, too.

Thank You I will tell Ironman and I know he will be there at 8am on Saturday. :o

there was one gent I talked to at 7:45 am he was just returning. He left at 1:00 am to get to the top and watch the sun rise.

On another note, I did col bob twice on consecutive weekends and my feet were fine . But on this trip I got blisters on my big toe. Go figure. At least I did get a FTF later in the day to boost my sagging spirits!

and again and again?

I may head up next Saturday. Early.

I don't know if I can go up a third time without confirmation that it's there.

Early is better, as it got awfully warm. I ran through 2 L of water and Chewie went through 1.5 L on a short 3 mile hike. He ran from shady spot to shady spot and even got in an argument with one dog over just who one particular shady spot belonged to.

Yeah when I tell Ironman he won't believe me. Until he reads the post. Then he'll be to busy kicking himself.

I think it was the "blond in the bikini" was a distraction. Especially the pictures of her that Ironman brought home. He told me he was "pretending" to take pictures of the view. :unsure: Yeah like after 24 1/2 years of marriage I'm going to believe that one. :ph34r::blink::blink::blink:

Edited by IronMaiden........... cause she hasn't had enough coffee.

Edited by IronMaiden

Has anyone emailed Johnny onthespot, to see if he actually found it on the 19th?

He could have found it long before you went and logged it on the 19th. Not knowing how to adjust the date on the log.

Lets make Criminal run up there and check on his cache. :ph34r:

I'd like to do Elinor. However I'm busy ever Saturday 'till September. Maybe the 4th?