Gagb Rant

There is of course a new impartial place to voice such views - within the pages of the new magazine! Because it isnt affiliated to G.com or GC.com or GAGB or any of the others we can print what we see fit and represent the real views of UK cachers without fear of sensorship or reproach. Perhaps one day the organisations and powers that be will take note of views expressed therein!

Its there to be used - email your views for inclusion on our postbox page to editor@geocachingtoday.com items are usually published within 48hrs.

inuk

Because it isnt affiliated to G.com or GC.com or GAGB or any of the others we can print what we see fit and represent the real views of UK cachers without fear of sensorship or reproach.

I would like to disagree with the implication that the GAGB is affiliated to GC.COM or GCUK or anyone else. Although I am a GAGB committee member this reply is in a personal capacity as a fellow cacher, and the views I am about to express are not necessarily those of the GAGB.

GAGB are "recognised" by GC.COM, and have been from the start, but "recognition" is not "affiliation". For example, the Labour Party "recognises" the Liberal Democrats, as a fellow party, as a political entity etc, but that in no way implies any form of "affilliation" and certainly doesn't imply that they are not independant of each other.

The GAGB, just like you, can print whatever we see fit, and thus are just as independant as you are. I'm sure your publication will be excellent, cogent, positive and encouraging. We welcome fellow campaigners for the sport, and you should too.

In point of fact, Groundspeak is also independant and says and does what it wants, and as far as I am aware, Navicache is also independant and says and does what it wants.

I am not aware of GAGB ever censoring any of its members' views, nor am I aware of such censorship happening on GCUK.

So I have to ask in what way you are going to be able to represent the "real views of UK cachers without fear of censorship or reproach" over and above what GCUK and GAGB (and to some extent this forum on Groundspeak too!) do.

[At this point I must emphasise that I know GCUK has never actually set out to "represent" anyone, it is a database site. However, the mention of them is still relevant since they have uncensored forums in which people can whinge to their heart's content without fear of being censored.]

Your posting has a dark implication to it which, frankly, I just had to challenge. I don't want people getting the wrong ideas about the other organisations. It is very easy to throw mud just to see where it sticks, but it is hardly a moral and responsible marketing technique is it?

Come along with us to support this great sport. There is no need to go slagging us all off.