Xlmage

thcri

I got a notice that there is another update for the Garmin GPSmap60cs. While at the download page I see there is additional software. Can anyone tell what a person can do with the XLmage? I looked at the description but really don't understand what you can do with it or if it is worth loading on your GPS.

murph

I've playing around with xImage a little and it is pretty cool. The screen capture feature is neat, but I'm not sure what I'd ever use it for. The custom icon part of it however could be very handy. I've been able to create my own waypoint icons for all sorts of stuff. I've tried shrinking icons off of the gc.com webpage, like the various cache type symbols and they look pretty good in the 16 x 16 bit mini versions on the 60cs. I even shrank down my avatar and turned it into a waypoint icon. Neat stuff!

Here's a sample:

new%20icons.jpg

(So, okay, I found a use for the screen capture feature....)

Edited by Team Trout

Thanks for the link trippy1976! That set of icons is more complete than what I've made.

Nice job on them TheOfficeMaven! Had I known someone else had already done this I could have saved myself some time and effort. They look great.

So, KaiserKlan, I guess there wouldn't be much use now in me putting up the few icons I made, but thanks for the interest in them.

Also check out the benchmark icons by we3dements on that same thread.

Thanks trippy1976!

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention my custom GC.com waypoint symbols. It's good to know that at least someone appreciates them. ;)

I really wanted your custom waypoints, but the link was removed before I could get my grubby little hands on them. Specifically, the YJTB icon, but I want all of them. What a perfect image to use for where I leave the Jeep before tromping off into the wilderness. ;)

I really wanted your custom waypoints, but the link was removed before I could get my grubby little hands on them. Specifically, the YJTB icon, but I want all of them. What a perfect image to use for where I leave the Jeep before tromping off into the wilderness.

No problem... Here's a download link to the old symbol set that includes the YJTB:

GeocachingWaypointSymbolsOld.zip

Just remember that I didn't do any refinements on the old symbol set, so the quality of the symbols isn't going to be as good as the newer set.