Is There A Way To Search For Locationless

woody_k

My wife likes to geocache with me however she doesn't like to bushwhack. I was wondering if there is a way to search for loctationless or virtuals only without having to go page by page.

If I can find some of these locationless caches then the wife and I can make a day of driving around to locate some then do lunch/dinner.

Ken

QUESTION ABOUT LOCATIONLESS

I've noticed that these types of caches, for example a statue of

Abraham Lincoln, only allow a particular statue to be logged

one time.

How do I know that a particular statue is already logged without

reading all 800 posts for the cache?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanx in advance for any answers.

QUESTION ABOUT LOCATIONLESS

I've noticed that these types of caches, for example a statue of

Abraham Lincoln, only allow a particular statue to be logged

one time.

How do I know that a particular statue is already logged without

reading all 800 posts for the cache?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanx in advance for any answers.

Yes, you are correctly understanding the rule the cache owner requested.

You can View all Logs for the cache to bring up one page. First thing might be searching for some matching text, especially if the cache page asks for a description, the location or some history about the object. To search in your browser click Edit / Find (usually but depends on your browser).

If you know about where the object is, do a search in your browser on the initial coords. For example, with all logs displayed, click on Edit / Find in your browser and then enter something like: N 22° 49

where those are the starting coords for your object. If you get a hit, look at the other coords and the description to see if it matches. If so, it's likely logged already.

David

The trick is to check every box you already have, then in the WITHIN section, check STATES/PROVIDENCES and highlight each and every state and providence. jus click the first one, hold down shift, scroll to the bottom of the llist and click the last one.

I got this from someone else when I asked the same question. For some reason there still appears to be one or two it does not catch, but the site at http://members.aol.com/GeocacherBB/locationless.html will fill in the blanks.

The nice thing about this from the pocket query perspective, is you only have to do it once since currently there is a moretorium<sp?> on new locationless caches.

Go to the 'hide and seek' page and on the left side below 'seek a cache' and just below the select 'by country' you should see "all locationless caches". click there.

Have fun,

John

This won't work unless you select all the states and providences as well. Tried it, been there, waiting for the T-shirt. :huh:

How do I know that a particular statue is already logged without reading all 800 posts for the cache?

Use this tool. Enter the coords of the object you found in one box, and the GCxxxx number of the locationless cache in the other box. Press the button and it will soon generate a sorted list for you, showing how far your coords are to each of the logged entries.