Geocache Mafia

weird thought hit me a couple nights ago. i have played at many parties a game called "mafia". simply put, all the players are the "townspeople", but in secret, a few are randomly selected (usually by cards) to be the "mafia", a couple others to be the "cops", and maybe a "doctor", and one more person serves as "narrator", or mod to the game. during the DAY, all townies are awake, and they have to work together to decide and vote on who among them is in the mafia. that person is "lynched", or simply out of the game. during the NIGHT, everyone has their head down (sleeping), and the narrator will call the mafia to wake up and choose one person to kill during the night (to be out of the game). this process goes back and forth, until (1) the mafia has been eliminated (townie win), or (2), the mafia outnumbers the rest of the townies (mafia win).

so where's this idea headed? basically, i had a weird thought, that went something along the lines of "what if someone were to start a mafia game on the geocache boards?" i mean, i've seen it done many times before... used to be part of a forum that has a whole section dedicated to mafia games. and you look at them, and there are just so many weird themes to them... lotr mafia, disney mafia, verbose mafia, pokemafia, all sorts of types going on, where the narrator adapts the storyline to intertwine with the plot of whatever movie or book or whatever they want.

NO, i am not suggesting anyone start a geocache-themed mafia on this board, but just curious... how far do you think the idea would fly? would anyone play? has anyone even heard of the game before?

I was looking for my glasses.. I swear officer... I have no other reason to be poking around a dark alley at 3 in the morning.. Oh wait, you wanted to know what I thought... Sounds like a kewl game... We would play..

Lehigh Mafia

Edited by Lehigh Mafia