Pocket Queries To The Palm

From Gsak, you can send the info to your Palm. Easy!

Ed

Hi Ed,

I'm currently using Plucker, on my computer and on my palm powered cell phone. I just did an export of html files to a folder on my computer. How do I upload those to my Palm? What "browser program" do I need on my palm to read the files. I am currently using Plucker on my Palm.

Tom

Get the program "Geocaching Swiss Army Knife" (Gsak). Open your PQ with Gsak (ps: don't use .loc files, use .gpx..has more info).

Really? I don't see any easy way to directly import from GSAK to a Palm. Maybe are you thinking of importing to CacheMate, a palm program? Or maybe to HTML and then use plucker?

You make it sound much simpler than it is, I think.

--Marky

Edited by Marky
Get the program "Geocaching Swiss Army Knife" (Gsak). Open your PQ with Gsak (ps: don't use .loc files, use .gpx..has more info).

Really? I don't see any easy way to directly import from GSAK to a Palm. Maybe are you thinking of importing to CacheMate, a palm program? Or maybe to HTML and then use plucker?

You make it sound much simpler than it is, I think.

--Marky

Okay...I did leave that part out.........

Gsak exports to "cachemate" a program on my Palm.

So the prosess is:

1- Make and recieve a pocket query (use .gpx files)

2- Open PQ with Gsak

3- Export to cachemate

4- Hotsync

5- Open cachemate on the Palm...all your info is there.

It really IS easy.

Ed

Okay...I did leave that part out.........

Gsak exports to "cachemate" a program on my Palm.

So the prosess is:

1- Make and recieve a pocket query (use .gpx files)

2- Open PQ with Gsak

3- Export to cachemate

4- Hotsync

5- Open cachemate on the Palm...all your info is there.

It really IS easy.

Ed

Yes, once you have CacheMate installed on your Palm, this is a pretty simple process. CacheMate is a great program for viewing the data in Pocket Query files and I highly recommend it. The registered version is only $7, which is a bargain, I think.

--Marky

good morning Marky - we are in Moss Landing and have at least one of yours in the Santa Cruz area on our list to grab today - as you can see confusion reigns on the Palm

Harv & Suz (we met in at the event in Pleasanton)

I hope you have fun and I hope the sun is out!

--Marky

By chance, do you mean a PocketPC? There is not a Palm 720 that I'm aware of, but there is a PocketPC Jornada 720 made by HP. Then again, Sony released so many different Clie models, it's impossible to keep up with the numbers. :smile:

If you are using a Jornada, CacheMate will not work for you. I believe the program you use on the PocketPCs is called GPXSonar.

-E

Brainerd, point Plucker Desktop at the index.html file generated by GSAK, set the spidering level to 3, check the 'Hints on same page' box (or else set spidering level to 4) and run Plucker. You can either set the destination to handheld and hotsync, or set the destination to the SD card in a card reader, in the /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory. I do the latter, and just pop the card into my Palm and I'm ready to go. Make sure you have all the center points you want set, so you can sort on them. I keep both my home and work locations there, so I can see the closest caches to either, along with direction from either. Plucker works very, very well with GSAK.

Brainerd, point Plucker Desktop at the index.html file generated by GSAK, set the spidering level to 3, check the 'Hints on same page' box (or else set spidering level to 4) and run Plucker.

Thanks. So, basically it's similar to what I am doing now. GSAK will be doing the same thing for me as Spinner. Then I will still have to run plucker. I was hoping that I could do it all within GSAK.

Yes, GSAK will do the same thing GPXSpinner does, except that you can do everything in GSAK and don't need Spinner. You still have to run Plucker on the html files, though. Trying to get GSAK to prepare a Plucker file would be a can of worms that I doubt Clyde wants to open. I think it's doable, but it could be tricky. It would involve using the Python parsing engine, which is what Plucker uses 'under the hood' to get it done. Another small project for you, eh, Clyde? :huh: