Timeout Expired.

ju66l3r

Just trying to see my cache page and the server's timing out. Getting slammed or something else wrong? Figured I'd bring it to your attn:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +723

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +45

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +5

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +38

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSet(String sql, Database database) +176

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlUserController.GetCalendarDateData(Int64 UserID, DateTime DateFrom, DateTime DateTo, WptDataSources DataSource) +393

Groundspeak.Web.User.GetCalendarDates(Int64 UserID, DateTime DateFrom, DateTime DateTo, WptDataSources DataSource) +111

Geocaching.UI.my_default.BindCalendar() +339

Geocaching.UI.my_default.DisplayUserDetails() +1764

Geocaching.UI.my_default.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +56

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1096

Geocaching.UI.my_default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +138

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

As if you didn't know, I thought I'd chime in...

I'm getting the same thing - I can't load my cache page at all. I get repetitive

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

It's 10pm EDT.

I'd pay at least DOUBLE - maybe more to be a ' Premium Premium Member ' with some sort of PRIORITY ACCESS - GUARANTEED. I usually know better than to try to access GC on the weekends but happen to really need to check a couple things before I leave home in a couple hours. Oh Well! Seems hopeless! Maybe it is always like this but it has been REALLY bad the last week or so EVEN during the week.

I really enjoy Geocaching and all the GREAT work done by the staff. So not to be TOTALLY negative, does anyone have recommendations on how to best use the system to TRY to help eliminate these bottlenecks.

I know I consume bandwith and computing power(just adding to problems) by downloading ALL caches in my state(and a nearby one) a couple times a week. If there was a querie to just download any cache that had new logs in my state or caches that status has changed since last identical querie(live to temp. disabled or archived or whatever), I'd happily utilize that method. Any suggestions for streamlining queries will be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully since Jeremy has not responded to this thread it means he is busy on this problem. It is really getting old :ph34r: .............................................................................................................................................Server not responding...../ error :smile: .......Help ;)

Edited by Turtle3863

I am getting timeout messages since about 0830 UTC while trying to access the "my" page and while sending edited cache desciptions (not on the "track TB" page!).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +45

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +5

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +38

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSet(String sql, Database database, Int32 Timeout) +209

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlUserController.GetHomeWptData(Int64 UserID) +42

Groundspeak.Web.User.get_WptHome() +79

Geocaching.UI.my_default.DisplayUserDetails() +445

Geocaching.UI.my_default.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +56

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1074

Geocaching.UI.my_default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +138

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Is this a server issue? Thanks for looking into it.

BS/2