Travel Bug Search Update?

DBleess

I asked for a site improvement as part of a larger thread on Dec. 21, 2003:

DBLEESS

Is there a way to add an "and" search to the keyword search?

As it stands now, every keyword you add doesn't narrow your results.

It EXPANDS them as an OR search.

Before it was an AND search and the results were always few if you knew what you were looking for.

If I know the exact name of a bug, I can no longer get just the few listings for all the bugs that have only the exact same words contained in their name.

I'll use mine for an example.

Rescue

208 hits

Ranger

86 hits

Chip

110 hits

Rescue Ranger Chip

Used to only bring up one hit

Now it brings up 398

In any of those four searches above, I have to search and then navigate the page listing at the bottom of the results to find what only normally took one page load before.

Thanks.

(now it brings up 624 hits)

JEREMY

Thanks for continuing the bugs and suggestions for changes. I'll continue working on this over the next few days, and intermittently over the holidays.

The search related question is more related to my ignorance of freetext queries than anything. I'll try and get a good book on that feature so the searches work as advertised.

Did you ever get this in work?

Also, any chance you can raise the max benchmark search radius back up to 30 miles? (If there's a system or bandwidth concern, how about if it is just for premium members only? -Or even if you have to do a new special BM subscription -for like $30 more) Six miles doesn't cut it.

http://members.cox.net/dmbleess/geocache/benchmarks.htm