Bad Cache Placements

SandLizard

How many of you go out on a cache and find that the cache is in a field of stinging neddle, or you go out and find that you have to climb a huge a** hill to get it (coming down is the best part :huh: ).

Its all right if you dont agree with me. But some caches are outrageous, and they dont put how difficult it is. I went on a cache it had two stars for diffuculty, and 1 for terrain, it was a giant walk up and a painful roll down ;) .

Oh well i just wanted to show my frustration at stupid cache placers.

Okay here is my $.02 worth. Sometimes a cache is placed and then the terrible plants grow up around it. So mention it in your log and maybe the owner will either up the difficulty to account for the "weeds" or they will move the cache. I was once caching outside my local area and hiked a huge hill to find a cache only to find that if I had circled to the back of the hill there was a nice paved road that took me within 50 yards of this cache. I guess that is part of the adventure of caching especially out of my regular area.

Thanks for the input cannon :P , i'll remember that. After all i am an amateur geocacher i have no right to complain about it. B)B):o

Well...I think you can complain about anything that you want to. ;) I just wanted to give you the benefit of my thoughts such as they are. :huh: (no reason to use this last face I just like it)

Here i'll make a deal with my fellow geocachers. You can post your cache complaints here and i'll see if i can contact the owner and tell them whats wrong with the cache. Its an idea i just came up with out of the blue. :P

Make sure to put the cache name and waypoint and owner if possible.

:huh:;)

Edited by SandLizard
Here i'll make a deal with my fellow geocachers. You can post your cache complaints here and i'll see if i can contact the owner and tell them whats wrong with the cache. Its an idea i just came up with out of the blue. :unsure:

B):mellow:

i can tell you are going to be very popular. :wacko:

Here i'll make a deal with my fellow geocachers. You can post your cache complaints here and i'll see if i can contact the owner and tell them whats wrong with the cache. Its an idea i just came up with out of the blue. :mellow:

:unsure:  B)

Or you could email them privately with your cache issues, instead of humiliating them in a public forum. Lots of times there are issues that can be resolved without 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) party input. Just my .02

Jeese you dont have to be such a jerk underooper or whatever your name is i was just trying to help :mellow: . And cacherunner does have a point but i was just trying to help people who dont really wanna deal with the person. Especially if you know the person who placed it is thick headed and wont listen to you. B)

Okay here is my $.02 worth. Sometimes a cache is placed and then the terrible plants grow up around it. So mention it in your log and maybe the owner will either up the difficulty to account for the "weeds" or they will move the cache. I was once caching outside my local area and hiked a huge hill to find a cache only to find that if I had circled to the back of the hill there was a nice paved road that took me within 50 yards of this cache. I guess that is part of the adventure of caching especially out of my regular area.

I agree with Cannon. I found a cache once and it didn't seem very difficult or horrible, but when I went back to the same cache with my sister, it was a whole different story. It didn't even seem like the same cache (and LOTS of PI the second time out-Yuck).

Hey Sandlizard, you ought to try that same cache in the Fall to see if it is any different to seek.

That's what I love about geocaching. It's a little bit of everything. B)

I don't really think that Uper was being a jerk. :unsure:

She probably doesn't think that it is very edifying to make a thread complaining about people and their caches. B)

I know! I have an idea...let's post our cache accolades here, email the cache owners, and let them know what we like about their caches! :mellow:

Just because im a kid, dont think i'll be intimadated. Just because your an adult doesnt mean your right but, i give up you can post whats good about caches here i have no problem with that. But never say the adults can take it from here, kids handle things better than adults (unless the kids are like 2-8 years old).

Oh well i dont wanna start a fight or nothing so im sorry if i offeneded anyone, B) .

If u guys want i can delete this thread and make a new one on good caches that people enjoyed. Its only a thought right now but if you guys want me to i will.

:mellow:B)

Yeah, actutally I would like to see that. It would mean that you have powers in the forums that none of us have... :unsure:

How many of you go out on a cache and find that the cache is in a field of stinging neddle, or you go out and find that you have to climb a huge a** hill to get it (coming down is the best part :mellow: ).

Its all right if you dont agree with me. But some caches are outrageous, and they dont put how difficult it is. I went on a cache it had two stars for diffuculty, and 1 for terrain, it was a giant walk up and a painful roll down :unsure: .

B) Did someone make you go up the hill or through the neddle? At 13 years old you should be able to look at the terrain your are about to tackle and determine if you are capable of going up and down it. If you can tell what neddle looks like then you should know not to go through it. Because the terrain and difficulty are possibly not stated correctly for you does not mean that they are wrong for everyone.

How many of you go out on a cache and find that the cache is in a field of stinging neddle, or you go out and find that you have to climb a huge a** hill to get it (coming down is the best part :mellow: ).

Its all right if you dont agree with me. But some caches are outrageous, and they dont put how difficult it is. I went on a cache it had two stars for diffuculty, and 1 for terrain, it was a giant walk up and a painful roll down :unsure: .

B) Did someone make you go up the hill or through the neddle? At 13 years old you should be able to look at the terrain your are about to tackle and determine if you are capable of going up and down it. If you can tell what neddle looks like then you should know not to go through it. Because the terrain and difficulty are possibly not stated correctly for you does not mean that they are wrong for everyone.

Yeah! What he said!

If you're intelligent enough to use a GPS and a computer and computer forums, chances are that you can also handle common sense and the ability to make your own decisions.

If you don't want walks and shrubbery, best to trade in that GPS for a new Play Station II or something.

Since the person that hid that cache reads the forums, I'm sure he'll appreciate the input.

You mean the "stupid cache placer" person.

Listen SandLizard,

Rule #1 in the forums. If you're going to start crap with someone, make sure they're outside of your area. Eventually you will start meeting fellow cachers on the trails and at events. You don't want to have to avoid people.

As far as caches that are difficult; You are responsible for yourself when hunting caches. Nobody is making you go after certain caches. You'll find that some caches are easy grabs that you'll barely have to get out of the car or off you bike to get. Others will require rock climbing gear or SCUBA gear. You can always back out of the deal if you don't like what's ahead of you.

Most importantly, welcome to geocaching and remember, have fun, it's a game.

Edited by JMBella

"Oh well i just wanted to show my frustration at stupid cache placers."

B) You'd really love most all of our caches here in the Desert Southwest (Yuma AZ) ~~~~ come-on down, but then what do I know?

Edited by Mzee & Associates
But never say the adults can take it from here, kids handle things better than adults (unless the kids are like 2-8 years old).

Oh, you mean like the way you bashed a fellow cacher by calling them names and insulting them in the forums because you didn't have the sense to avoid a cache that was obviously too much for you? Yeah....handled that one real well, bud. B)

Hey SandLizard - me thinks you aughta quit while you are ahead - shuda locked it when you had the chance -

Ya know that old saying "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut."? Ahem...

Me thinks you should lay low for a week and maybe change yer cache name -

can you spell "ooops"?

B):wacko::unsure::mellow:

Edited by CompuCash

Please, please, somebody help me stop laughing!

Another topic:

cache is in a field of stinging neddle

Those stingy thingies are real bad - but growing very near to them you can find the instant cure...Honest! Nettles sting with acid. Jewelweed (also called touch-me-not, because the seeds pods explode when touched) juice from the stem will instantly cure the acid sting. The flowers are out right now, tall thin tubes with pink or white blossoms. I moved a few seeds to my yard last year so now I can use jewelweed any time.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm closing this thread under the little-known "Bad Karma" section of the forum guidelines.

For the spelling impaired, "Bad Karma" is not what you say to your mother when you call on the cellphone to explain why it's 11 pm on a school night and you are not home from the movies yet.