Gpsmap 60cs Firmware Update

Awesome!

Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:

• Added support for xImage software.
  • Improved track log recording in Auto mode.
  • Increased the size of the compass pointer on the Compass page.
  • Enabled the compass pointer to be shown while navigating a Follow Road route.
  • Added a progress indicator when calculating a Follow Road route.
  • Increased the precision of the 'project waypoint distance' field.
  • Added the ability to independently show or hide entire map families on the Map Setup page.
  • Added 'meters per second' as an option for vertical speed units.
  • Added an option to the Altimeter Setup page that enables the unit to record pressure trend data while power is off (readings are taken every 15 minutes).
  • Added Greek language.
  • Updated translations.

I wonder what they've done for the "Added support for xImage software" item??? It would be really nice if they allow the geocaching mode to support the custom icons.

I've loaded the software and from what I can see (and from the changes long), it appears that Garmin has just finalized all of the changes made in beta 3.43 (and prior) and named it as version 3.50. There doesn't appear to be any new changes made to the firmware since the beta 3.43 version was released.

Oh well. One can dream... <_<

Also, I noticed that they didn't add an update for the new eTrex Legend C or the new eTrex Vista C unit's firmware. I believe that their firmware already had all of those changes rolled into it when it was first released as version 2.00 a few weeks ago (i.e. there was no need for an update).

Also, I noticed that they didn't add an update for the new eTrex Legend C or the new eTrex Vista C unit's firmware. I believe that their firmware already had all of those changes rolled into it when it was first released as version 2.00 a few weeks ago (i.e. there was no need for an update).

Oops! Looks like I spoke too soon. B)

Garmin Vista C & Legend C 2.10 Firmware Now Avail.

Although the changes for the Legend C/Vista C aren't the same as those listed for the 60/76C(S).