Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reviewer Niatpac Nagrom

Fin: Emo/toukka-kätköt Suomessa

Very short résumé of those 2000 finnish words here:

So, this was all about breeder/larva caches in Finland. My opinion is that their saturation point is now reached - no more is needed.

[...]

The concensus seems to be that no new breeder caches are made here.

Regards, Olli

Bump!

Has the situation changed in some way? A new breeder was just approved...

I'm not trying to be difficult or anything; I just want to know what the rules are.

There's no rules, just guidelines, and they don't deny breeder/larva caches. It's totally different thing that I personally or someone other one don't like them.

Edited by Captain Morgan

Guess there are not strict 'rules' on this rather than guidelines and a desire that people wouldn't hide these kind of caches. However, luckily this is not a breeder cache in its strickest sense: You can log this also without hiding a (possibly lame) new one, because you can log this with a photo too.

I don't however quite understand how it has anything to do with finding the original cache, and what is the point of make people visit some totally other location just to get 'the right' to log their find. :anibad:

In my opinion, the cache would have been much more decent if the owner had invited people to hide more trotting race track caches, without the obligation.

In my opinion, the cache would have been much more decent if the owner had invited people to hide more trotting race track caches, without the obligation.

I must say I agree with the previous speaker. A good example of this is the Stamps series that has produced relatively high quality larvas without any obligation for finders to make them. I would even encourage people to invent more such models.

The first finder larvas have also been a successful concept in many cases. When the obligation to make a larva is strictly limited to the cacher who wants to make a new cache, the quality of the larva might be a bit higher on average.

We also think that the Stamps-series is a good example of people hiding nice larvas with good consideration of the new cache's style and placement.

The whole Alphabet-series is a breeder type of thing... Haven't had a chance to explore the quality of those caches yet. At least it seems to be a way to hide and find lots of mysteries...

I was thinking of making breeder cache if it's ok by reviewer...Please don't kill me! It won't be as bad it sound. It will not have obligation to make larva cache you will have alternative choise of logging your find. Thing is that it would be quite unfair to somebody's effort who will make larva if there is no compensation to that. Cache making isn't easy so this should be respected too.