Well, It's Official

Momyar

I have officially been welcomed into the world of geocaching. The crappy world of it.

Went on a hunt today and noticed a roll of toilet paper and the cache exposed. We opened the ammo can very careful and low and behold the smell that came out of it!!!! :o:o:o

Unfortunately, it had 2 TB's. It had 3 but the person didn't realize one of the was a tb. They ruined the whole thing. We were able to save the log. But it will need a lot of airing out and a few pages "trimmed".

the person even signed the log. What a jerk. Only hope and prayer for him is that he had the runs for weeks and lots of ticks on his person.

Why do folks have to be so mean and ruin a good time for others?

Luckily the second cache wasn't discovered and it was in good shape other than the matches and knife which we took out.

This is one club I was hoping to not be a member of.

Truly sad, it's when something like that happens I wish I had the capability to do DNA testing and access to all of the DNA databases so I could track that idiot down.

Zack

It is not necesary chasing these idiots.

They have enough being useless and anti social in his live and working in Macjobs for life because they haven't better aptitudes.

Edited by garri

Miaka took the stuff home and tried to salvage it. But the puzzle and log book were a no go. She said it just smelled too bad.

She hasn't heard from the owners but hopefully will soon.

Still can't understand the person that would do this kind of thing. I don't know of a punishment worthy of them other than the "runs and lots of ticks" for weeks and weeks.

Sure makes you more cautious when going. So glad the person wasn't around. Would hate to see what he would have done to someone.

Would hate to see what he would have done to someone.

Run as fast as his legs would carry him, would be my guess. The kind who get their jollies ruining other people's fun, as garri points out, tend to be bigtime losers. Mad at the world and helpless to change. If he had enough social skills to be confrontational, he probably wouldn't be in the woods fouling a gamepiece.

I hand it to you for even trying to straighten out that mess.

Miaka took the stuff home and tried to salvage it. But the puzzle and log book were a no go. She said it just smelled too bad.

My dear, *this* is what makes you a cacher - the dedication to help out the sport when you see that someone fowled it up!

I have officially been welcomed into the world of geocaching.  The crappy world of it.

The person even signed the log.  What a jerk. 

This is one club I was hoping to not be a member of.

Unfortunately, <_< it does happen on occasion!

I would do a search of the caches name, and if it's valid, send a copy of their log and signature to the admin's of GC and I'm sure they will be banned from using the site. It is a direct violating of the rules. It's too bad, GC can't post their real name so all will know who the are, and what they are like. You can contact any admin. for help, but, try going to gpsfun - admin. since they are aware :o of the problem already.

Yeah, none of want to be a member :blink: of that club.

Keep the faith :D , 99.9% of cachers are good and friendly folks. SF1

Edited by strikeforce1

Y'know... the mentality of some people will never cease to disgust me. I am new to this sport, and totally love it! I like to take my kids along and they have fun too. If I'd run into something like this with my kids around, I'd be furious! Oh well.. what are you gonna do?

Yep, they #2'd in it. Left the roll of toilet paper near by as well as "used" toilet paper.

Miaka was the angel. She took the ammo can home and contacted everyone. we smelled it before we saw it.

I absolutely love geo caching!!! I just wish DH and DD were more interested in it. But I've found Miaka and she's pretty much ready any time I'm ready. In fact, she'll go where I'd be skeptical to go.

Thanks for the support!