Wedding Cache?

So I am getting married in a few weeks, and I found myself thinking... I should turn my wedding into an Event cache! I could post the co-ordinates for the ceremony, and give everyone a time and place and all would be excellent! Of course my wife-to-be wasn't so ambitious, and vetoed the idea pretty quickly (no sense of adventure!)

Besides thinking that I am obsessed with this sport, I also wondered what other kind of whacky events people have done like this.

I think a very special point with that wedding event is Dave and Becky met thru and because of geocaching, and most of the people attending will probably be geocachers. It isn't the first wedding event, and I know for a fact it won't be the last :o, but most weddings probably would NOT qualify as a geocaching event.

You could have many weirdos coming and sponging off of you eating all your food and drinking all your booze!

haha! no offence taken!!

I don't know that all geocachers are wierdos! I guess it is possible though. If I had enough money to feed that many people, I would almost certainly consider it!

I guess you are right though, in hindsight, I don't see how it has to do with Geocaching in general, except that we both are avid Geocachers..

:o No not all geocachers are weirdos-but unfortuantely inviting total strangers to what is meant to be a PRIVATE affair really isn't a good idea. If those strangers offend your new wife, for example, you really can't do anything about it since you have INVITED them...for example, if one bad apple gets drunk, he can really RUIN your wedding...I don't see the WISDOM in doing something like that...
:o No not all geocachers are weirdos-but unfortuantely inviting total strangers to what is meant to be a PRIVATE affair really isn't a good idea. If those strangers offend your new wife, for example, you really can't do anything about it since you have INVITED them...for example, if one bad apple gets drunk, he can really RUIN your wedding...I don't see the WISDOM in doing something like that...

Couldn't be worse than the family members who will certainly show up at MY wedding... :o

So I am getting married in a few weeks, and I found myself thinking... I should turn my wedding into an Event cache! I could post the co-ordinates for the ceremony, and give everyone a time and place and all would be excellent! Of course my wife-to-be wasn't so ambitious, and vetoed the idea pretty quickly (no sense of adventure!)

Besides thinking that I am obsessed with this sport, I also wondered what other kind of whacky events people have done like this.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DONT DO IT!!!!!!!! Just eat a bullet! It's much quicker than a slooooooowwwwww death by nagging! :o Just kidding...I'M NOT BITTER!!!!...Congrats! :o:o

With all the time some of us are spending GCing and on the boards, maybe one of us might be considering a divorce cache. You know, something with only half of what you would normally put it there. <_<

"Honest BD, I was only kidding.....come on...please...I can't work this thing with only 2 batteries!"

uh, don't do it, unless geocaching is an integral part of your life together. if it is somehow VERY, VERY important to the both of you, you should post coordinates on the invitation.

otherwise it's just tacky to make an entertainment out of a solemn celebration. your weding ceremony is not the place for games or practical jokes unless you expect the duration of the marriage to be short and inconsequential.

DO have an event cache as a party afterward. that would be great, and probably popular.