Good Grief

fly46

So I got a traveler tag today... And it took me more deleted logs than I care to admit to get this to work right. Because, of course, they don't have an edit feature.

The tag was never logged into the cache, I found it on the ground near it... So by the time I got it in and out and got the mileages kinda sorta right - ARGH!

Anyone know of another such site that might work better?

I have always found the tags easy use.

Problems generally are not with the tags or the logging system. It is when people don't use them properly that most issues arise. I doubt Geocaching.com or any other site can do much about that! It is hard to fix other people's behavior through a computer. :o

Edit: I'm confused too. Are you complaining about GC.com TB tags or another form of travel bug tags? Either way, I think people not doing what they are supposed to is what likely causes the most problems. I am unfamiliar with tags other than the GC.com ones though.

Edited by carleenp
So I got a traveler tag today... And it took me more deleted logs than I care to admit to get this to work right. Because, of course, they don't have an edit feature.

The tag was never logged into the cache, I found it on the ground near it... So by the time I got it in and out and got the mileages kinda sorta right - ARGH!

Anyone know of another such site that might work better?

Sounds like the fault lies more with the person who had it before you than with the system or the site.... :o

Why don't you complain over there?

Now Jeremy, you know as well as I do that the purpose of this forum is to complain. Besides, the more we complain about the competior, the more your stuff looks good.

I much prefer travel bugs, too, but considering I have $10,000 in college debt, a $1700 visa bill, and am about to lose the breaks in my car, I'm having trouble justifying buying any more travel bugs.

A couple months ago I didn't even know we had "competitors" of any sort. I'm still not sure what is acceptable to mention, but I emailed a couple of "old timers" for some advice and "scruple service." In the end, I decided to try 4 t.t.'s.

The difference is just $4 or $5, and the t.b.s are definitely preferable, though I've never had any special trouble with t.t.s. I found out about them because I picked up a traveling canoe, and though I followed some picky instructions, I just felt like I wasn't gonna make him happy, no matter what. Next time, I'd leave that one.

I don't get it, Jeremy. Did he buy the product from Groundspeak or from its competitor :o ?

Anyway. I play with two competing travellers, and I'm glad to announce that one more competing travelling gamepiece was born today, a Russian-speaking froggie traveller

frog.jpg

The id number is etched on "her" green body, so in this sense, there is no tag to complain about :o

Anyway. I play with two competing travellers, and I'm glad to announce that  one  more  competing  travelling  gamepiece  was  born  today, a Russian-speaking froggie traveller

Ya hochu lyagushku! But I don't get this: they accept orders from all regions of Russia, because there should be no borders for the travellers?? I guess they are not shipping them abroad :|

I don't get it, Jeremy. Did he buy the product from Groundspeak or from its competitor :o ?

Anyway. I play with two competing travellers, and I'm glad to announce that one more competing travelling gamepiece was born today, a Russian-speaking froggie traveller

frog.jpg

The id number is etched on "her" green body, so in this sense, there is no tag to complain about :blink:

Hey, I saw that in my parking lot last week! Had I known it was a traveler, I would have picked it up and logged it! <_<

My experience with TTs is whole related to something that's going to result in flames.. I can feel them already...

When you log stuff for cacheleague, TTs are the biggest pain. Within the team we are able to amass hundreds of tags, bugs and coins. TBs and GC Coins are easy. Everything else is a PITA. However, for the good of our team, which may once again come in last.... we suffer along.

Needless to say, Ohio is completely infiltrated with TTs and bugs are getting spread fairly wide now, too. After the season's over, I doubt I'll bother with many travelers for a while.