Cache Sheets Missing Cache Type

Thot

Most cache pages say whether it’s a regular or micro cache in the upper right of the page, but I’ve run into several that don’t say. Here's an example of one that doesn’t say. I’m beginning to find micro caches a little wearisome. They’re usually harder to find than regular caches (though they almost all say one star) and, for me at least, going to them is not as much fun. So, I’m considering focusing on regular caches for a while. But, when it doesn’t say I may pick a micro by accident.

By the way, on the illustration above you can sorta figure out the size by the description, but you have to take time to read the description, and on others it isn’t this clear.

Is it not a requirement to say which kind it is?

If the owner doesn't select the size, it won't show on the page. It's not a requirement because I guess some owners like to keep the type of cache a mystery to add to the challenge. Others may just forget to select the type.

it is a drop down box (if you remember) and the default is 'not sellected'

so given that and what bransnat said, it is most likely that this entry is ignored when the page is created giving us a dead space in that spot. maybe we should request that they at least put that there rather than nothing at all -

if you wan to do that it should go on the ceochaching.com forum

:o:o;)

there is some indication of size in the decription, that being a PVC pipe. Now you are correct in wandering exactly what size of PVC pipe. It has had TB activity so it does not appear to be a micro.

I agree, and am guilty myself, there are a larger number of micros being put out now.

Roadway57

Like I said above - it says unknown because the 'not listed' default drop down item is selected for the cache size. The main page skips a listing if it is set to not listed - the print page thankfully at least say it is unknown.

this discussion would be bette served under the geocache.com forum as it is discussing item that pertain to the operation of that web site and its pages.

I'm just a newbee but I have some experience with these forums now and with those that like to complain about how is used. Just a suggestion folks.