Garmin 60c 60cs And Os X Virtual Pc

Hate to respond to my own post but we may be sunk here on the Virtual PC thing. D'oh. I should have thought about this a bit more. There would have to be a mac driver for the Garmin 60cs before it could be even recognized by Virtual PC. I'm off to Fry's to buy a serial cable.

someone else i know has also tried the usb interface and been unsuccessful. serial is the only way at this point...

I'm in the same boat.

Sold my GPSV and recieved my GPSMap 60 CS today.

Thought using VPC and Mapsource via USB would be a no brainer. Doh!!

Worst of all I sold my USB/Serial adapter and Cable along with my GPSV.

Now it appears I should have hung on to them.

Hopefully someone will find a fix. Virtual PC 7 is supposed to out in a month or so.

VPC will connect to the 60C/60CS via USB if you are running OS 9. It's not especially fast but it does work. Of course, this is only an option if you are still running a Mac which supports OS 9 booting- Classic does not work with VPC.

One of the supposed enhancements for VPC 7, due out this fall, is for improved USB support so there is hope that it may work again in OS X.

someone else i know has also tried the usb interface and been unsuccessful.  serial is the only way at this point...

I'm in the same boat.

Sold my GPSV and recieved my GPSMap 60 CS today.

Thought using VPC and Mapsource via USB would be a no brainer. Doh!!

Worst of all I sold my USB/Serial adapter and Cable along with my GPSV.

Now it appears I should have hung on to them.

Hopefully someone will find a fix. Virtual PC 7 is supposed to out in a month or so.

I notice on my wife's PC the Install Wizard immeditately fires up when I plug in my 60CS and pulls the proper USB drivers from the Garmin folder and installs them.

Has anyone tried manually moving the drivers in VPC?

I thought about making a back-up of my Windows 200 disk image and doing it but I'm guessing somebody has thought of it already.

I downloaded the two USB driver updates from Garmin and I noticed when I try to run the second update it comes up with an error about not being able to find the old drivers to update.

So it appears the Mapsource Install CD that comes with the 60CS isn't properly installing the USB drivers (even though the install log says it's doing so).

I noticed this when trying to get EasyGPS to see my 60CS via USB. The error message is "No USB drivers for this device"

Might be barking up the wrong tree I suppose since the Install Wizard should launch when it detectgs an 'unknown USB device" So waiting for VPC 7 might be the only option.

BTW, before I invest in another Serial cable and USB/Serial adapter I want to confirm.

This WILL work with VPC and the 60CS as it did with my GPSV. Right?