Looking For: Pda Software - Waypoint Projection

=BB=

Hi gang,

I've been searching for Pocket PC sofware (2002) which will do waypoint projection calculations. (Ie. Plug in a distance and a bearing and it will calculate the waypoint coordinates)

I have tried RangerPlus which is great, but it is limited to DD MM.mm as opposed to DD MM.mmm - it is missing a digit on the projections.

Do any of you know of Pocket PC software that will do projections based on distance in meters (accurate to 1m - so projections with a range of: XXXX.xxx km) and bearings in both degrees and MILS?

If you know how to do the math (Ie. the V??? method) can you point me to a resource? Perhaps I will program such an application if needs be.

Thanks in advance!

Yea, I've downloaded your softare and honestly find the ergonomics lacking. I could not find the waypoint projection anywhere within the menus.

Could I suggest you re-think the human-application interface? I think you are on to something with your software, but it needs a little interface tweak.

PS: What method of waypoint projection did you use?

The real question is this: what version of it are you using?

Version 1.2.x has a totally revamped user interface with really easy to use menus as opposed to the 1.1 version where everything was accessible through tap&hold.

As for the projection feature: I'm using the Vincenti method.

I was trying version 1.2.1 Beta for my PPC 2002 platform (Toshiba e740). I found that the pop-up menus could use a little re-organization. I was completely unable to find the projection calculator too.

Most people (myself included) are looking for a "glance and choose" interface which is VERY easy to interpret and intuitively find the selection we are after. I will have another look at the software and see what reccomendations I can make in an effort to help improve your software.

Perhaps you might consider creating a dedicated projection calculator - there is a real market for such an application in the marine/avionics amateur navigation field.

Again, your implementation of the waypoint projection is poor.

WTFM better too by the way!

I _was_ willing to offer valuable suggestions to you, however with your latest reply .. I am no longer willing.

I can tell you are only a coder because of your lack of experience in application ergonomics - pitty because you seemed to have potential.

Who is the first one to turn a sour tone?

PS: Your constant crapplication plugging is exceedingly annoying. Get the hint - it's crap. If it were decent, you wouldn't need to plug it - word of mouth would do all of that for you.

Who is the first one to turn a sour tone?

If only you weren't so full of yourself...

PS: Your constant crapplication plugging is exceedingly annoying. Get the hint - it's crap. If it were decent, you wouldn't need to plug it - word of mouth would do all of that for you.

Why don't you do your homework?

And since you seem to be so knowledgeable about writing software, please be my guest and write something better for the benefit of the community, free of charge, on your own time.

I'm sure you won't mind if some random twit comes along and pontificates about how much he knows about design, usability, ergonomics and software marketing.

Maybe you should reconsider your choice of a medical career and dispense your profuse advice on everything else instead?

You bring shame to this message board. Grow up!

I had a response all typed out - attacking every point you tried to make but then I thought to myself "what will it gain?”. You are clearly arrogant and as such, nothing that I can write will change your demeanor - for this I am sorry.

I will not bother to communicate with you further. Go ahead, be the schoolyard bully - ensure that you have the last, childish word.