Cache Maintenance and Ethical Questions

Agent Splat

I'm going to be heading out to my cache to do some maintenance today. Last time I checked on it, I barely got the Tupperware style container closed because it was so full. I want to replace it with an Ammo can today, but it might not hold everything either. My question is: Is it okay to remove some of the objects placed to allow some "room" in the cache? I plan on relocating the objects to another cache if that occurs.

Thanks,

--Marc

I have a 35mm film can size micro-cache that's been around for a bit over a year. It was intended to be just a log book, and could maybe hold something very small to trade (like a coin). Cachers kept putting larger and larger items in it, and at some point, someone added a ziplok bag to hold the items. The downside is that the hiding place was really only big enough for the film can. What was once well hidden was now not hidden at all, and in danger of being plundered. So I took all the items from that cache, put them in a new cache, and returned the micro-cache to its intended state.

PS_sig.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Splat:

either. My question is: Is it okay to remove some of the objects placed to allow some "room" in the cache? I plan on relocating the objects to another cache if that occurs.

Sounds like a plan. It might also be good to post a note on your cache listing what you have removed in case the next seeker happens to be going for a particular item.

Thank you very much for putting my mind at ease! I upgraded it an hour or so ago with a nice ammo can, and listed the two items I removed, but will place into a new cache (or the next one or two I visit).

I was very happy to see my cache in such good condition. Yay!

Thanks again!

--Marc

this is an incredible hobby.. its one of the few hobbies i know of were people can use satellites to navigate yet cant read. the cant read part comes from the fact that people just dont follow instructions.

i would take the "offending" items out and note on your log that you removed the items because they didnt fit or didnt follow the theme or whatever.

dropping them at another cache may be an idea if theyre actually worth the trouble.

urbo

icon_wink.gif

this is an incredible hobby.. its one of the few hobbies i know of were people can use satellites to navigate yet cant read. the cant read part comes from the fact that people just dont follow instructions.

i would take the "offending" items out and note on your log that you removed the items because they didnt fit or didnt follow the theme or whatever.

dropping them at another cache may be an idea if theyre actually worth the trouble.

urbo

icon_wink.gif