Woo Hoo! The Call Of The Wild Geocacher

Neos2

Well, Homer Simpson loves to shout woohoo! And it is also a phrase used in A LOT of MMORPG's (Everquest, FFXI, etc.).

I am a true internet/computer geek and my friends and I have been using that term for many many years. I think a lot of internet/computer geeks started caching and started using woohoo and then it just became a common term. :(

It is also the name of a song written by my dad. Yes, he was in a one hit wonder band called The Rock-A-Teens in the 50s (he was even on American Bandstand!).

instrumental2.jpg

Well, our post said ya-hoo for our 50th find. We actually didn't say ya-hoo at the time of the find. However, when posting on-line, the words(?!) ya-hoo seemed to spill out of the typing fingers. In retrospect, it would have been more regionally appropriate to say that "It was wicked cool to find 50 caches".

It is also the name of a song written by my dad. Yes, he was in a one hit wonder band called The Rock-A-Teens in the 50s (he was even on American Bandstand!).

Was it this song?

I got my head checked

By a jumbo jet

It wasn't easy

But nothing is, no

Whoo hoo!

Well I feel heavy metal

Whoo hoo!

And I'm pins and I'm needles

Whoo hoo!

Well I lie and I'm easy

All of the time and I'm never sure why I need you

Pleased to meet ya

I got my head done

When I was young

It's not my problem

It's not my problem

Whoo hoo!

Well I feel heavy metal

Whoo hoo!

Whoo hoo!

Well I lie and I'm easy

Pleased to meet ya

Yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah

Oh, yeah

No, that is not the song. :blink:

But my dad's song (the original version) has been used in a few movies. And if you saw Kill Bill 1, the asian band at the club sing a cover of it. :lol:

I almost stood up in the theater and yelled, "That's one of my dad's songs!!!" ;)

However, my dad received no royalties and no credits in the movie or the soundtrack. It's cool Quentin Tarantino is a fan of my dad's music but he really should have given him some credit! :lol:

No, that is not the song. :blink:

But my dad's song (the original version) has been used in a few movies. And if you saw Kill Bill 1, the asian band at the club sing a cover of it. :lol:

I almost stood up in the theater and yelled, "That's one of my dad's songs!!!" ;)

However, my dad received no royalties and no credits in the movie or the soundtrack. It's cool Quentin Tarantino is a fan of my dad's music but he really should have given him some credit! :lol:

Did he get any credit for the use of the song on the soundtrack from the 1998 movie Pecker?

No, that is not the song. :)

But my dad's song (the original version) has been used in a few movies. And if you saw Kill Bill 1, the asian band at the club sing a cover of it. ;)

I almost stood up in the theater and yelled, "That's one of my dad's songs!!!" :blink:

Did he get any credit for the use of the song on the soundtrack from the 1998 movie Pecker?

Yes, he did get money from that movie. But not for the cover song played in Kill Bill 1.

And I just found out that his music is on cd now. I ordered a copy of the cd to send to him because his collection is on vinyl. ;)

And back on topic: We usually say woohoo. Or sometimes we say Yatta...or bingo...or a line from Southpark. I would tell you what the line is but no one would think it is funny except the goofy members of Team Yatta. :lol:

Was it this song?

I got my head checked

By a jumbo jet

It wasn't easy

But nothing is, no

Whoo hoo!

Well I feel heavy metal

Whoo hoo!

Whoo hoo!

Well I lie and I'm easy

Pleased to meet ya

I got my head done

When I was young

It's not my problem

It's not my problem

Whoo hoo!

Well I feel heavy metal

Whoo hoo!

Whoo hoo!

Well I lie and I'm easy

Pleased to meet ya

Yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah

Oh, yeah

Song 2 by Blur.

In New Jersey, at least the northern part of the state the most common call is "'Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem-zoo-owli-zhiv".

Wowie :rolleyes: . Combine this little ditty with your geocachers greeting song "Geocachers are we, runy, muny, meee" and I am becoming increasingly relieved that I don't live in northern NJ. :rolleyes::):):)