Most Recent Logs Is Up Again!

CyberJunkie

Well, it ”works”. But if you want your logs to be updated, please avoid “the rush hours” of geocaching.com (morning hours Finnish time). A quotation of Bo’s answer to my enquiry: “…if gc.com receives more than 200 logs between two updates they make some logs are not shown and my program will as a result not get them.”

On www.geocaching.com/seek/history.aspx is always the latest 200 logs shown, but when people are logging hundreds of caches per minute, then this page gets outdated quite fast.

But I don't see that as a big problem - if it miss one or two caches during some logging peeks. The only way to solve this is to let CJ & Bo's software work once every second or so, but I don't think GC.com would like that...

Well, it ”works”. But if you want your logs to be updated, please avoid “the rush hours” of geocaching.com (morning hours Finnish time).

No, no, no, no! Please avoid late evenings Finnish time, it is the rush hour and the worst week day is Sunday. During finnish morning, most Americans are sleeping so at that time the site works best.

I have about 20 logs after the mid August logged in the morging time. Only two of them are on "the Most recent logs for Finland". Somebody may not be sleeping. Anyway it doesn't matter, I just wanted to inform those who are wandering their name missing from the list.

Edited by Jouko