Heading To Scranton Pa, Aug 7

JMBella

Any caches near the Ford Pavilion that are a must find? Me and my brother are heading to the Rush concert which starts at 7:30. We'll be getting to PA in the AM to put in a full day of caching first. Anyone interested in meeting up for a couple let me know. Anyone else going to the concert?

Looks like there are a bunch right around the stadium. I think it will keep us busy for most of the day. We'll be meeting up with a few other people at a nearby TGI Fridays for food and drinks. Anyone want to join us for a drink is welcome. Anyone know the coords to that Fridays?

Anyone know the coords to that Fridays?

I can get them for you and post them tomorrow depending on which one you mean, are you talking about the Wilkes-Barre one or the Dickson City one, probably Dickson City. If so, someone else will have to supply them.

Lots of great caches in the area, I also recommend Seven Tubs and the closest would be Rock with A View because the trail starts from the parking lot for the pavilion.

Good luck and have fun. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OK, now we are meeting people at a Ruby Tuesdays about 3 mile from the arena.  Anyone know which one that is?

There is one on Montage Mountain Road, right below the Ford Pavilion. My best guess from picking a point on the topo map would be N41°21.916 W75°41.172, there is also one in Wilkes-Barre and and Scranton (Dickson City). The Montage one might be busy on a concert day.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Edited by PSUPAUL
OK, now we are meeting people at a Ruby Tuesdays about 3 mile from the arena.  Anyone know which one that is?

There is one on Montage Mountain Road, right below the Ford Pavilion. My best guess from picking a point on the topo map would be N41°21.916 W75°41.172, there is also one in Wilkes-Barre and and Scranton (Dickson City). The Montage one might be busy on a concert day.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

That's fine. I'm guessing that that must be the one. Sounds like it'll be hard to miss. Thanks.

So, how was the concert? How was the caching? I looked and didn't see any listings for you in PA yet. Did you plans get changed or did you just decide to drink and go to the concert?

We hit a few caches in NJ and ran out of time before we could grab some in PA. Of course there was some drinking prior to the concert as well. We met a few fellow Rush fans and had some Guinness. The concert was amazing. One of the best I have ever seen. That's a great venue too.