Evergreenhiker!'s New Home

Wienerdog

I heard from John today and he has arrived safely at his new home in CutBank (sp?) Montana.

:D Happy you made it okay! :P Oh so sad to see you leave.

Hopefully he will be returning to the area in the fall! Let's keep out fingers crossed. He is truly an icon in this area and has become a very close friend to MR and myself. We miss him already!

Let us know how you are doing John, okay?

:P AND HEY EVERYBODY! If we keep bugging him enough maybe he will return sooner than expected!

We all love you John and think you are just the greatest guy!

MR and Donna

PS Chloe misses you too. You know how she squeals when she sees you. She thinks you are one of the kids. She only does that with our kids and grandkids!

Gee, thanks Donna!!! And to everybody for your comments! Yes, I will return to the area. I'm over there to assist my folks with the move. This might take a month or so. Anyhow, this will give me a chance to try some trails around Glacier National Park and do some caches in Missoula, Great Falls, Helena and other places.

Gee, thanks Donna!!! And to everybody for your comments! Yes, I will return to the area. I'm over there to assist my folks with the move. This might take a month or so. Anyhow, this will give me a chance to try some trails around Glacier National Park and do some caches in Missoula, Great Falls, Helena and other places.

Thank Goodness I thought he'd been abducted by pine nuts!

I'm going fly fishing right now. just got my Montana fishing license and dealer told me that the creek below me holds some big Rainbows and some huge Browns. Hopper patterns are the ticket so I bought a couple. Some nice water right by my cache. Ok...gotta get that fly line wet!

I wonder...

No I bet....

EGH gives a louder YaHoo

When snagging a trout on a fly

than scoring another FTF.

:o

Go get um EGH!

Welcome to MT, I hope to snag your new caches soon. I highly recommend all of ZAC59401 's caches in the Augusta are, they are all top notch. Perhaps we can cross paths sometime. There is an event in Helena the 22nd of this month. It looks like it will be a blast! Also there is a new group in Great Falls you are welcome to join and participate in. Here is a link:

GFGF Great Falls Geocaching Fans

Happy caching.

After fixing one of my caches in Cut Bank, I went out to the river below the house and tested out my crayfish/crawdad imitation.

First cast out into the hole near my cache, baaaaammmm!!!! The line screamed out and into hte backing real quick. 10 minutes later I beached the beautiful 19.5 inch Rainbow of about 3.5 lbs:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/7dafd7c6-...263fce6058f.jpg

This is about as good it gets...creating your own pattern and christianing in style!!!

Wow, nice looking fish. For some reason I'm seeing the entire forum now and I see a NW section. So this is where everyone hangs out!....:unsure: If you get the time check out the BearPaw Mnts south of Havre. I was camping and fishing BearPaw Lake in early July and that was a beautiful area. I caught so many fish that I got tired of fishing. Nothing like that big one you caught though. If you like crawdads there's a large pool below the lake spillway and you can get a bucket load. Of course the camping wouldn't be complete without a cache, so One Teed off Papa is nearby. I posted a pic with my log. This is a caching desert here with only 2 caches in the Havre area. Head south up the road past the Bearpaw ski area and top out at 6,500 ft. There's a communication site up there that would make an excellent cache site. I fell in love with that part of MT, so put out some caches and I'll be back for sure.

My son was born in Kalispell and I also lived for a time in Polson. Montana is a wonderful place (of course not QUITE as good as Alaska) but great hikes. Have fun.

Thanks! I've actually been concentrating on the fishing it seems. Last week has been super!!! Several trout in the 18 inch range on fly. Total kick and I lost a steelhead-sized trout tonight...pushing 6-7 lbs.