Now I Know Why My Stats Suck!

I know all about the Wifeusrestrictus Syndrom. I've been off work for three weeks with intentions of mega caching, but somehow I get put on Baby Duty. I have a back pack deal for him, but these KY (no not the jelly, but they can be slick after a rain) hills and briars are mighty rough on a 18 month old kid.

I have a lot of hobbies. Not to mention my family responsibilities. Right now, I spend a lot of time helping my (3) kids develop skills in various sports. We play street hockey, baseball, softball, soccer, swimming, hiking, biking and other outdoor sports. My wife and I load up the kids in the van and head to a local park or we play in our cul-de-sac.

This has been a strange year for me. For the first several months, work and famliy obligations kept my focus away from the hobby. Recent actions, however, have left me with a dead Jeep & GPSr and have me on very limited duty. Maybe next year will be better...

Because I want to make sure that when I go out to do a cache, there will ALWAYS be plenty to choose from. What these 1000 find guys and gals aren't telling us is that when you hit all of the caches in your 500 mile radius you sit at home twiddling your thumbs until a new ones pop out, and of course you have to do those RIGHT AWAY so you can quickly go back to twiddling your thumbs<grin>..

Me?  A horrible case of Onehundredthirtymilecommuteperdayitis.

Is that one way or round trip? Can't you work in a few cache hunts along your route. :P

--Marky

That's round trip. 65 miles one way from Lancaster to West L.A. And dang it, we've already cleaned out everything in between. (The sad part is, though, we both work at UCLA and haven't found ANY of the caches here.)

Me?  A horrible case of Onehundredthirtymilecommuteperdayitis.

Is that one way or round trip? Can't you work in a few cache hunts along your route. :P

--Marky

That's round trip. 65 miles one way from Lancaster to West L.A. And dang it, we've already cleaned out everything in between. (The sad part is, though, we both work at UCLA and haven't found ANY of the caches here.)

Here 65 miles would take about an hour. In L.A. 65 miles could take 2-3 hours.

I suffer from workus50hoursaweekus.

Me too, but it actually helps my caching. I do "in home" work, and my "territory" is the entire state, and occasionally trips into neighboring states.........gets me out of the local 'picked dry' area, and into new caching turf....although i go back to some areas often enough that i've got them picked clean, too.......now, if people would just hide some more in the right places.........

I lack an philips66 fleet card and onboard mechanic, thus necessitating periodic down time on the cachemobile  B) .

That's why you need a back-up cachemobile....drive one while the other's in the shop :anitongue:

Oh :P , add backup cachemobile to the 'lackits' list B)

Wife-us-restricticus. OUCH !!!!! I mean, um, uh, oh yea, "I'd rather spend some quality time around home." whew, good thing I wrote that on my hand.

I always thought that was "Honeydoitis" for which I suffer greatly, especially in the summertime.