Will Mapsend Direct Route Work With Sportrak Map?

I was wondering if MapSend Direct Route will work with my spotrak map? i saw on a site that all compatiable spotraks were listed it but the sportrak map. Is this correct? I was planning on getting direct route for my sportrak map, but from what i see it dont work, i hope it does, any one know for sure?

aj

It isn't officially supported, though many have reported success doing it.

The reason it isn't supported is almost certainly the one Marky describes. The STMaps have a pretty small amount of map memory in them to start with. The DR maps are substantially larger (1.5-2x the size, depending ont he area) becuase they just plain have more stuff on them. You can mitigate this somewhat by turning off the POIs you aren't interested in, but it's likely to still cover a smaller area than you'd get with Streets, Streets & Destination, or even Topo.

So if you don't mind having an unsupported combination and can live with small coverage, go for it.

What they said is correct - it is a strictly unsupported combination- that's directly from their support people. They fully admit that the MSD software is inaccurate and bad. But they want the bucks to upgrade.

I upgraded my Map to a Pro and bought Streets and Destinations

S&D cost more than the upgrade but it works well. The only complaint is that it requires the CD to be IN the drive to operate. I bought Delorme Topo and it runs directly from the computer - no CD required [ but can't use that with the Pro. ].

I have been told that the MSD software will generate maps that can be used in the Map, but as I said not supported because of the small memory. As the previous said you may be limited to the size of the map you can use and it may be small.

:P