Benchmark Haunting?

Neos2

:( Warning--should be a Halloween story!

My husband wanted to try his hand at benchmark hunting, so we stopped tonight to see one with an interesting description

Cave Hill Cemetery Entrance

Documented History (by the NGS)

1/1/1880 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)

DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1880 (CS) THE PEDESTAL OF THE ANGEL ON TOP OF THE STONE SPIRE AT THE ENTRANCE TO CAVE HILL CEMETERY, LOUISVILLE.

1/1/1933 by CGS (GOOD)

RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GLA) BAXTER AND BROADWAY.

1/1/1963 by AEROS (GOOD)

RECOVERY NOTE BY AERO SERVICE CORPORATION 1963 RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.

I took 5 pictures with my digital camera, and looked to make sure that they were good before we went on. Well, when we got home we found pictures on the camera from earlier in the evening and from later in the evening--but none of the cemetery pictures remain. :(

The angel on top of the spire is actually at the top of the clock tower at the entrance to the memorial building (where services are held before a funeral). Its gorgeous, so we have to go back again to make sure we get those pictures.

My real questions here are:

How often do you find benchmarks near cemeteries?

How often do you run into other folks who are using digital equipment to try to record 'ghosts' and so forth while in those cemeteries?

I have a special fondness for cemetery hunting, as I love to do geneaolgy also. It would be a prefect excuse to mingle the two hobbies!

Approximately 1% of my benchmark finds have been near a cemetery. But thus far no benchmarks have been listed near a cemetery where we were doing geneological research. We rarely find anyone around the small rural cemeteries where I benchmark or where we do geneology. Not sure how many ghosts were there however....