2004 Gung Ho Cachers

nikcap

Although he's gone back to the old country, I'll have to nominate Haggaeus. To grab all those finds in the NY metro area, without the use of a car is pretty incredible.

His hikes from the bus station to the trailhead alone were sometimes 3+ miles, then he'd walk 10-15 miles, over often difficult terrain, to bag a handful of caches and after that walk a few miles back to the bus, or train station.

If that isn't gung-ho, I don't know what is!

Although he's gone back to the old country, I'll have to nominate Haggaeus. To grab all those finds in the NY metro area, without the use of a car is pretty incredible.

Although the Gung Ho award is somewhat a tongue in check award.

(reserved for those that DNF regardless of their efforts, or those that take the snowshoes and waders route, but regardless of their ineptitude come out victorious. :P

Indeed, Haggaeus is truly a uber-cache, I really enjoyed his log on The Lair of Bob the Bear

I would have to nominate the snake handler Helmet of Skully & Mulder. I would be walking alongside him chatting when suddenly he would dive into the scrub, gone! There would be a lough scuffle, a couple of whacks with his walking stick, and his head would pop up above the scrub brush... he would dive back in and emerge with a 18 foot black anaconda!!! :) Kreiky! :rolleyes:

Not sure if he was handling it or it was handling him... :) anyhoo, I was sitting near by when he rolled over a log and grabbed a 1 foot baby...

When asked if he saw the snake retreat under the log, Helmet replied, "Nope, just looked like a good place to find a snake!" :rolleyes:

I then very slowly inched off the log I had been sitting on... :)

Here's to the Snake Charmer! :D

Although the Gung Ho award is somewhat a tongue in check award.

(reserved for those that DNF regardless of their efforts, or those that take the snowshoes and waders route, but regardless of their ineptitude come out victorious. :rolleyes:

Indeed, Haggaeus is truly a uber-cache, I really enjoyed his log on The Lair of Bob the Bear

Thanks Nick - I still smile re-reading that log! :unsure:

CCCooperAgency for not only their over 300+ caches they placed but for the events and just plain personal help and niceness they've shown to other cachers.

Does mailing a cache to another cacher count as a place?

Hmm... maybe I should form a group and we can all log eachothers caches! Yeah! Drive accross the country... wait a minute, wife would be pi$$ed, nevermind.

In the perverse use of technology category..

I'm typing in a cache log when some stuff starts coming in through Yahoo! Messenger. It's a geocacher that is stumped on one of my caches. She has called her friend in Ohio to sign on with her messenger account so that he can contact me so that she can get an extra hint. This convoluted high-technology message relay system continues for some minutes until it is eventually bypassed when I am provided with a telephone number to call her direct. She eventually finds the cache with a little help from me and an awful lot of help from telecommunications industry.

Edited by Quest Master

I nominate Mister BrianSnat.

Not only does he place more excellent caches than anyone else I know, he also posts the most forum notes for anyone that I know! His knowledge is so deep in all areas, polices and guidlines and he is a true inspiration to all cachers.

He is also the last to leave on two event occasions...

Baby Back Ribs Night

Beer and Wings Night

Now that's dedication! I raise my glass to you. :(

I nominate Mister BrianSnat.

Not only does he place more excellent caches than anyone else I know, he also posts the most forum notes for anyone that I know! His knowledge is so deep in all areas, polices and guidlines and he is a true inspiration to all cachers.

He is also the last to leave on two event occasions...

Baby Back Ribs Night

Beer and Wings Night

Now that's dedication! I raise my glass to you. :(

I was not last to leave either of those nights. Team Shibby and Lunaruby were ordering another round as I left each time.

As far as being a gung ho geocacher, I was nominated in 2003 for my log at marty621's Bridge at Remegen cache. I've done nothing in 2004 to deserve the honor and besides, you can't be nominated 2 years in a row according to the

International Association of Gung Ho Geocachers guidelines.

I stand corrected. Brian knows the guidelines best.

Well, I now nominate you for the Mr Northern New Jersey, aka Morris County Cache placer award. And the guidelines clearly state:

In lieu of and as of the opinion that BrianSnat, aka Briansnat and all of his constituants, aliases, guises, divisions, holding companies, subsidaries et al. Should be awarded annually the award of Mr Northern New Jersey, aka Morris County Cache placer, Best in Show. Continually until otherwise noted by the Chairman of Commitee for NNJGCPC (Northern New Jersey's Good Cache Placement Commitee). In which Avroair is the sole, lonely member of hereafter. By lays to commence.

All kidding aside, thanks for the great caches and guildline clarifications in the forums.

You are a gentleman and a scholar! :(

>I was not last to leave either of those nights. Team Shibby and Lunaruby were ordering another round as I left each time.

Ahhh Brian we seem to be forgetting the "my favorite hole: Beer and Munchies" I seem to recall The Chief Assistant and I leaving you as the last cacher standing!

You have the Tiffany's Slaves votes locked up!

Edited by Tiffany's Slaves
Ahhh Brian we seem to be forgetting the "my favorite hole: Beer and Munchies" I seem to recall The Chief Assistant and I leaving you as the last cacher standing!

I believe Team Rampant Lion was still enjoying a cold one and the Chief Assistant had arrived as I was leaving. So there! No Team Shibby or Lunaruby tho.

Edited by briansnat

I believe Team Rampant Lion was still enjoying a cold one and the Chief Assistant had arrived as I was leaving. So there! No Team Shibby or Lunaruby tho.

:o

OK Brian... if that is your story then perhaps the Head Slave had a couple too many to realize the order of departure.

Tiffany however still votes for you

Edited by Tiffany's Slaves

Lunaruby's log states that you (Brian) were there to the end at the ribs night. At the beer and wings I left you in the very capable hands of others to get you home. AND the Sparta event, (how far is that from your house!?!), I once again left you with the host and Tiffany Slaves. :P