Geocaching EMS RS, I'm One, U?

There's a lot of Sheriff's Deputies north of me for Saline County that geocache. Must be a dozen or more. They all have SASO in front of their personal officer ID number as their gc handles.

I just might be one of those Deputies. Here is the Emergency Response Geocoin two of us put together. Thanks to all that share in the Circle of Public Safety!!! We enjoy working with all of you!! saso792

cdc2780d-2685-404a-b384-d8ecc44ad2ba.jpg04b45636-55f2-4c57-b589-fdcfe257292a.jpg

Available through the forums at: Emergency Response Geocoin

BE SAFE!! :laughing:

Just realized I never got around to thanking you for the Gold and Silver Coins!! They look great!!!! Nice addition to my collection of EMS memorabilia!

Yup, I-R-1-2.

Flight medic in Farmington, NM. Have been in EMS since 1989, started as a volunteer until I could get paid to do what I love. I actually get paid to fly around in a helicopter and help folks. What more could you ask for? Have even placed a geocache with the aid of the helicopter.

If it weren't for alcohol, stupidity, and the occasional act of God, I wouldn’t have a job!

Happy caching,

MedicPat

Yup, I-R-1-2.

Flight medic in Farmington, NM. Have been in EMS since 1989, started as a volunteer until I could get paid to do what I love. I actually get paid to fly around in a helicopter and help folks. What more could you ask for? Have even placed a geocache with the aid of the helicopter.

If it weren't for alcohol, stupidity, and the occasional act of God, I wouldn’t have a job!

Happy caching,

MedicPat

EMS job security= Stupidity + Alcohol

Firefighter since 1992. Lots of certs. everyone already knows about and doest want to hear about again! LOL

Favorite part is cutting peeps outa thier cars (espec. the EXPENSIVE ones!!!), and of course the good hot interior attacks while on the nozzle!

Now, I find myself looking for a good place to put a cache while out on calls! LOL

In September I "retired" from my position as a volunteer firefighter after a whopping 2.5 years. I really miss it, but I just didn't have the time to dedicate to the training to really do it well. My hat is off to those who volunteer year after year -- I was hoping I would become one of you.

I delivered 6 babies in 10 years. 2 in the bathroom, 2 in the ambulance, one in the front seat of a van in front of the ER, and one in the ER (the ER doc had worked ER for 20 years and never delivered one!). The first one I delivered was during my Paramedic internship, and the mom named it after me!!

In my 8 years, I've delivered 3 babies over the phone, had to make one girl stop pushing because a foot presented first(one of the 10 scariest calls of my career), and was present in the O.R. when my wife had both of our kids by c-section.

The one call that I talked the husband through the birth is still recorded at the p.d. where I work. At the end when the sirens are apporaching, you can hear me get choked up.

I'm 20 years old and a FF/EMT. This summer I am going to be a seasonal with the forest service as a hotshot/handcrew. Hope to get my FF 1 cert this fall and my Fire Science AA within 2 years. Didn't know there were this few EMS cachers here, or they just don't post that they are on Forums. As soon as I get a picture of me on one of my engines I will post that picture.

What I am starting to do in my county is to place caches at all of the Fire Stations. They are going to be a series called, oddly enough, "Fire Station (then the station #)".

I was a firefighter and an EMT many, many moons ago before I joined the military. The unit I was with was a rural unit so we did fight a few structure fires, but our main training and focus was wildfire suppression and control.

My father, who's now retired, was firefighter and paramedic. He became a Fire Chief, and then a State Fire Marshall and arson Investigator toward then end of his career.

I still have the utmost respect for him and all you folks.