Geocaching EMS RS, I'm One, U?

;) Well, I am not one--

However, I WOULD like to take time here to thank a Geocacher (shall be nameless unless I get the Ok to put the name here) who is an EMT.

A bunch of cachers were taking a course over the weekend that took place at a fellow cachers house.

Upon leaving, my cousin was T-boned by a car as he left the street near the house.

The cacher, who also happened to be our instructor for the day, heard the accident and in a flash grabbed their medical kit and was helping out/checking on those invloved in the accident. To our surprise the Cacher turned out to be an EMT as well!

Thankfully, no one was hurt too badly.

So, thank you, our caching guardian angel, for really taking care of us that day.

Your fast thinking could have very well saved the day, and you calmed all of us just being there.

I'm proud to associate myself with you, you've proved once again that cachers are amongst the best people around!

Thanks to you once again, and to all of you invloved in this field.

Edited by CT Trampers
I know a few fireman that cache but dont bother with the forums :mad:

That would be me. I've been caching for a few years, but only very recently bothered to check out this forum.

17 years Career firefighter, commanding Engine 74-A-shift. We're also First Responders - in fact, over 2/3 of the 3300 calls we had last year were EMS-related.

Was a volunteer firefighter on a different department for 6 years prior to going full-time.

Advanced Extrication, Commercial Vehicle Extrication, Certified to perform annual in-service pump tests, yadda yadda yadda.

Started as a Volunteer Ambulance Attendant, now a Primary Care Paramedic, all in Ontario. Coming up on 20 years in the field, not a lot left that I haven't seen yet. Nor do I want to see it. Although I still have yet to do a delivery in the field, missed it by about 2 minutes once ( dropped her off in the ER and had just sat down to do the paperwork when the RN walked out and said it was a boy, got to love those multi-gravida moms).

I delivered 6 babies in 10 years. 2 in the bathroom, 2 in the ambulance, one in the front seat of a van in front of the ER, and one in the ER (the ER doc had worked ER for 20 years and never delivered one!). The first one I delivered was during my Paramedic internship, and the mom named it after me!!

She named her kid Sparky ... :mad::(

Oh, Lord....how did I miss this post?!? Leave it to Clearpath....... :D

It's good to see so many public servants in our ranks. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Currently, I'm just First Aid and CPR qualified, but once things settle down this summer, I hope to get my First Responder cert. I have the tendency of running into bad auto crashes (usually at least once a year) so hopefully I can learn more than just enough to be dangerous :mad:

Anyone with any suggestions or advise, please email me.

Edited by txaggie90

I'm cetified by both the American Heart Association and the Red Cross as a first responder as well as being able to provide instruction and certify those for CPR certification, basic first aid, and a course called "When Help is Delayed", which comes into context a lot in Boy Scouts.

Don't know if that "qualifies" me but it's my contribution to the safety of the world. :/

Former Volunteer bush fire brigade, now Volunteer State Emergency Service Training manager, road accident rescue, cliff rescue, search team leader, air observer, incident controller, Volunteer Marine Rescue Skipper on 24hr radio duty ... and Naval Cadet Officer... in my spare time I sleep. :mad:

Let's see, currently a Sgt. with the Harris County Sheriff's Office in Houston, Texas. Retired Army Reserve Captain, PADI Divemaster certified, extensive first aid and CPR certifications, CPR instructor, as previously said by a very expressive member of this thread, blah, blah, blah....lol. The list goes on, and on. Have 27 years in the business, hope to retire in a few more.

Mac

There's a lot of Sheriff's Deputies north of me for Saline County that geocache. Must be a dozen or more. They all have SASO in front of their personal officer ID number as their gc handles.

I just might be one of those Deputies. Here is the Emergency Response Geocoin two of us put together. Thanks to all that share in the Circle of Public Safety!!! We enjoy working with all of you!! saso792

cdc2780d-2685-404a-b384-d8ecc44ad2ba.jpg04b45636-55f2-4c57-b589-fdcfe257292a.jpg

Available through the forums at: Emergency Response Geocoin

BE SAFE!! :wub:

There's a lot of Sheriff's Deputies north of me for Saline County that geocache. Must be a dozen or more. They all have SASO in front of their personal officer ID number as their gc handles.

I just might be one of those Deputies. Here is the Emergency Response Geocoin two of us put together. Thanks to all that share in the Circle of Public Safety!!! We enjoy working with all of you!! saso792

cdc2780d-2685-404a-b384-d8ecc44ad2ba.jpg04b45636-55f2-4c57-b589-fdcfe257292a.jpg

BE SAFE!! :wub:

Very nice!!! I likey!!!

Former firefighter for 3 years, EMT for 4, then went to ski patrolling and instructing Outdoor Emergency Care. Now work as a Critical Care Tech with my EMT license, but work in an ER. Do miss the lights and sirens though... Going to have to order one of those coins, they are really neat!

BE SAFE!! :D

I have a silver, they are nice. I need a gold to finish my collection. :(

For fun: Volunterr FF in my sprawling metropolis of 2100. Busier than it sounds, we turn the wheel 3-6 times a week. I-90 and US 395 intersect and run down the middle of our district. Also the main E/W Burlington Northern-Santa Fe RR line and a Union Pacific RR line run through us as well. We were out 9 hours on a wind-whipped grass fire yesterday started by a RR maintence crew in one of the rougher, basalt rock strewn range land areas of our county.

For money (and more fun): Jail Commander/Dispatch Center Supervisor for the county.

Greetings!

Just remember that the VAST majority of cachers NEVER cruise the forums so for every ES person who posts here there are probably 10 or 100 or who will never see this.

I have been in Fire/EMS for 25yrs (yes, I started young!) and GSAR.

On numerous occasions I have found caches while working in EMS. The services that have no issue with their crews being out and about (as long as its in the first due area) are great because that freedom not only leads to cache finds but its a great way to introduce new people (EMS partners) to caching.

There is something about finding a cache "on the clock" that makes it all that much sweeter!! :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

PULASKI