Geocaching EMS RS, I'm One, U?

Started off as Volunteer EMT on SAR, volunteered in ER, became First aid / CPR instructor. Dropped EMT when state said we had to have malpractice insurance :(

Moved to another county and became High Angle rescue instructor for new team, First responder instructor, First aid / CPR instructor Trainer.

Do contract Comms work at national incidents (forest fires, shuttle recovery, floods etc.)

most certs expired at this point. Volunteered out for a few years.....

I worked with the Div. of Forestry here in Alaska this summer when we had those 6 million acres on fire. It was classified as a fire fighter position. I was an expiditer (paid shopper) taking equipment and supplies out to the fire camps and reconciling the paperwork that goes along with that. Does that count? Next year I am getting my red card.

My GPS has a Radio.

The 100-120 RINO's are awesome for S/R,locating others and all kinds of neat encrypted/non-encrypted....stuff.

I was and we are the First CERT Team to incorporate this into the rescue programs,(5/4/2003) Pierce City Tornado.and are working on new procedures as we speak.

I have a scanner,and other type equiptment to facilitate emergency situations of all types even WMD's.

So yes there are those of us that are watching,the other Big Brother type.

I hope I never have to use my skills for anything other than fun but we all know the true reality of life.

BE PREPARED AT ALL TIMES.

Ah, what a perfect thread to give MANY THANKS to you who serve for the public safety!!!! A lot of people take you for granted until you are needed. This is one industry where I hope I never have to meet you (other than while caching, in a friendly passing, etc.) but if I do, let me say this:

THANK YOU!!!!

Ok here goes,

Medic, Medical spec., L.V.N., C.S.T., C.S.A., C.O.T., O.P.A.C., L.S.A., E.M.T., CPR instructor.

Still want my R.N. and PA

What does all this mean? I Work in Surgery

Certified surgical assistant,

Certified surgical tec.

Certified Ortho tec

Ortho. P.A. Certified

Licensed Surgical Assistant

How long? 30+

Edited by Shadow's

The wife and I are both retired EMS personel. I was a firefighter/paramedic and Ems instructor. My wife was a registered nurse/Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN) in the begining of the San Bernardino County EMS program. I was in the 4th class of paramedics at Crafton Hills College (1979). All good memories. :unsure:

Edited by rebapac

I am a volunteer deputy coroner, so I guess I am at the very tail end of EMS. :D I was a paid deputy coroner up until about a month ago, then I moved into an environmental job. I let my EMT-B certification expire a couple of years ago, but I am currently in the process of getting reinstated. My wife, Tracker 'T', is currently an EMT-B for our local ambulance service.

Started as a Volunteer Ambulance Attendant, now a Primary Care Paramedic, all in Ontario. Coming up on 20 years in the field, not a lot left that I haven't seen yet. Nor do I want to see it. Although I still have yet to do a delivery in the field, missed it by about 2 minutes once ( dropped her off in the ER and had just sat down to do the paperwork when the RN walked out and said it was a boy, got to love those multi-gravida moms).

Started as a Volunteer Ambulance Attendant, now a Primary Care Paramedic, all in Ontario. Coming up on 20 years in the field, not a lot left that I haven't seen yet. Nor do I want to see it. Although I still have yet to do a delivery in the field, missed it by about 2 minutes once ( dropped her off in the ER and had just sat down to do the paperwork when the RN walked out and said it was a boy, got to love those multi-gravida moms).

I delivered 6 babies in 10 years. 2 in the bathroom, 2 in the ambulance, one in the front seat of a van in front of the ER, and one in the ER (the ER doc had worked ER for 20 years and never delivered one!). The first one I delivered was during my Paramedic internship, and the mom named it after me!!

I delivered 6 babies in 10 years. 2 in the bathroom, 2 in the ambulance, one in the front seat of a van in front of the ER, and one in the ER (the ER doc had worked ER for 20 years and never delivered one!). The first one I delivered was during my Paramedic internship, and the mom named it after me!!

She named her kid Sparky ... :huh::lol: