Logging Your Own Caches

To him his own, I suppose. I certainly wouldn't do it, but who knows.

Kinda like a cache I saw recently - the cache owner's husband was the first finder. Not something I would ever have done, either, but to him his own.

Why is this wrong? I'm confused. Are you meaning that they were together when the hider hid it, and then the husband found it? So what if he waited somewhere else while she hid it, and then went and looked for it with the GPS? What is wrong with that? He found it, fair and square.

It would be kinda strange for you to expect him to come back at another time to log it, when he was already there in the first place. Then you're doing gymnastics, just so you don't offend someone. :tired: If the cache is hard to get to, for instance, you can't expect him to leave, and then come back later to find it. That's just getting silly.

In the area that we live, local cachers unofficially agree that it isn't a FTF when a caching buddy finds it at the same time as the hiding occurs, anyway. Everyone ignores it, and the next finder is considered the FTF. :tired:

Ok, question.....

I just hid a cache with my mom, its her first cache, the cache is under her profile, and she hid it. However, I helped her, cause its her first hide, and my name is listed as one of the hiders on the page. I don't want to log it, i helped hide it, so, how do i get it off my page, its annoying when i filter my finds from home coords except that one cache keeps popping up, how do i get rid of it?

Ok...I know we don't have new moving caches anymore, but what if I find an existing moving cache that I own (I own 2) and have no more of an idea of where it is and how its hidden than any other cacher? How would the group respond?

I wouldn't log a find on any cache I own under any circumstances. It doesn't seem quite right to me. I'm sure others disagree.

Edited by briansnat

I think its OK to log a moving cache if you were not the last hider. After all, most owners of these caches let people find it multiple times (just not in a row).

I also think its OK to log finds on your own cache to replace those deleted inappropriately by a cache owner.

Ok, question.....

I just hid a cache with my mom, its her first cache, the cache is under her profile, and she hid it. However, I helped her, cause its her first hide, and my name is listed as one of the hiders on the page. I don't want to log it, i helped hide it, so, how do i get it off my page, its annoying when i filter my finds from home coords except that one cache keeps popping up, how do i get rid of it?

I know of no way to get it off your list except to log it as a find (which would not be too cool) or to steal the cache and have it archived (another poor option).

You could change it to an offset cache where the posted coords are a long way from the center of your Geocaching world...

So, I only let my team members help me hide caches (we are one account but I do ~95% solo) and I rarely help others hide one unless its to provide general guidance.