Gps, Pda And Everything To Go Paperless

Momyar

I've read just about all the post about going paperless and read the article about paperless caching.

Here's my questions. I know I need to be a premium member, need a gps (have Garmin eTrex), and a Palm 105.

I need Cachemate to run on my pda and GSAK to download the waypoints, right.

Now how do I get the information into Cachemate? I've also read there are other softwares that I need to. Which one?

how exactly do you get information into cachemate? I know how to download information to GSAK and can get it into my gps, but just havne't figured out how to get it into the PDA.

Thanks for all your help.

Not neccessarily. You can use Plucker (for the cache pages) and GPilotS (for the waypoints) on your m105. GSAK is the way to go for handling pocket queries.

There's some information on using Palm PDAs with Garmin GPSr's on my website.

Wrong.

All you need is cachemate.

You get the pocket queries delivered to you in email.

You unzip them.

You use "Cachemate convertor" a program that comes with cachemate to convert the pocket query into cachemate friendly format

You sync your PDA and all the caches are loaded into cachemate complete with descriptions & hints.

Cachemate is all the software you need.

-S.

I'm with Pez... all I do is take my query from geocaching.com, load cacheconvert, included with cachemate, run it on the file, drop the new palm file it creates on the hotsyn icon and hotsync. The update it in cachemate on the palm (it searches for duplicate records and updates them) and your good to go...

It is awesome!

Team Happy face - DyverDown, Scubaweeble

In GSAK, file export cachemate.PBD. That will convert and ready for hotsync. Then hotsync. Then within cachemate you should be led to do some type of attach/convert/load. (can't remember the term. but it should automatically ask you.

My humble apologies everyone I know this is way off topic but bear with me.

WOLF452

I know you are alive and out there as I just saw this post.

Please contact me. I have your registration details for GSAK and have tried to contact you via geocaching.com mail but I get no reply.

If someone else can contact WOLF452 (sorry that is all the information I have) could you please pass this message on.

Thanks

Clyde

Edited by ClydeE